electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Need fuse operation and interchange info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
helpful55

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Need fuse operation and interchange info Reply with quote

I have an excessively basic question, but I would like to get definitive info. I am working with an AC power amplifier. The manufacturer calls for a 4A 110v sloblo or a 2A 220v sloblo fuse in applicable countries for the same circuit. My understanding is that a fuse blows due to total wattage, not the actual amperage flow since that depends on the operating voltage, so both of those fuses actually protect the circuit equally. Is that accurate, and also while it may not be technically wise to use the 110v fuse with 220v supply, can't the 2A 220v fuse also be properly used in the circuit? Thank you for any help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия