Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject:

i see a lot of these sets, 80% have painter ic failure, the other 20% have crt failure. over 90% of the sets i see with crt failure are fitted with philips crts. i will let you draw your own conclusions!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Same Problem

Hi... I have exactly the same fault as Jimb. I spoke to a philips shop and to my disgust discovered that this is a very common fault with this model of tv. I was then told I should be grateful its only the remote system that has failed. Other people loose the picture or the sound. Personally I think its disgusting and will never go near a shitty philips product again. I'm angry at their attitude towards the problem and how the tv went faulty after about 2 years. Why should I have to pay to get it fixed?
Cheers Evil or Very Mad
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Can anyone tell me if the painter chip boards are interchangable between 28" and 32" sets? The info on the 2 chips are similar but not exact.

Thanks in advance
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject:

Thanks for your help Gary.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject:

99.9% of function faults on these sets are due to the painter ic, can never be 100% sure but i wouldnt hesitate in blaming it for that fault.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: 28pw6515/05

I think I may have the same problem but I have an "F" appearing at the top right hand corner of my screen. Can someone confirm it is definately the painterchip?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject:

hi download the phillips a10 service manual from this website, then to access the SAM, with the RC press the following code:

062596 then press the I+ button. may take a couple of attempts, you need to be quite quick.

the I+ button is the one you press to see the OSD.

All the parameters are in the manual, take a note of your options before sending your board off.
Ian D
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Philips 28PW6515/05 painter chip/set up

I have the same problems with my 28PW6515/05, I am happy to get the painter chip replaced by MCES but can someone enlighten me as to how to set up the option codes and geometry in case I need to do that.... thanks
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject:

I sent the Philips Circuit Board of to MES last Monday went on holiday came back on Friday. Collected the repaired board from City Link fitted it and the remote works again. I didn't need to set anything up although they did send instructions on how to. I'm not sure if I would have been able to carry out there instructions if I had had to as they didn't explain how to access engineering mode. But it works so thanks for the advice it has saved on buying a new TV for a while.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: philips 28pw6515/05

Dan, the problem is the painter chip.

It's on the small sub board, located upright at the rear left on the TV. It slots in like a memory module in a PC.

MCES can repair the board for you. But you'll have to setup the option codes and geometry when you get it back. I'm not sure if they do that, we normally repair the boards ourselves, so we take down all the settings before replacing the chip.

Powered by phpBB © 2001,2002 phpBB Group