electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Why does my Sony Trinitron XBR (KV32XBR10) show black lines?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JSimps

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Why does my Sony Trinitron XBR (KV32XBR10) show black lines? Reply with quote

Ive got a Sony Trinitron XBR (KV 32XBR10) with the srs sound built in.(its an older tv) i am constantly seeing these static horozontal black lines on the screen and i dont know how to fix it! does anyone have repair advice? it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try replacing C1505 .03 mfd on D board.
jsimps

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks for your help! where would i find that and how would i install it?
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsimps wrote:
Hey thanks for your help! where would i find that and how would i install it?

The D board is the main big board. C1505 is a capacitor. .03uf is the value of the capacitor. You unsolder the old one and solder in the new one.
SonyListens

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Why does my Sony Trinitron XBR (KV32XBR10) show black li Reply with quote

JSimps wrote:
Ive got a Sony Trinitron XBR (KV 32XBR10) with the srs sound built in.(its an older tv) i am constantly seeing these static horozontal black lines on the screen and i dont know how to fix it! does anyone have repair advice? it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I’m Dave J (CY35) from Sony Listens and I have read your posting.
If the solution below does not reslove your issue, we would like the opportunity to review your situation. Please contact us at [email protected]. Please include the complete model number and serial number of your unit, detailed information regarding the issue you are having and your contact information

SOLUTION: A thin, gray, horizontal line may be visible on a Trinitron television or computer monitor when a light-colored background is displayed on the screen. This is a shadow of the aperture grille damper wire. The function of the damper wire is to keep the wires that make up the aperture grille from vibrating. This is normal and should not interfere with regular viewing.
vtech

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: Why does my Sony Trinitron XBR (KV32XBR10) show black li Reply with quote

SonyListens wrote:
JSimps wrote:

I’m Dave J (CY35) from Sony Listens and I have read your postin....

Not to hijack the thread but, all of a sudden, "Sony listens" to a customer with a CRT issue!!??-- Wow...Looks like years of mass exodus to cheaper competiton has finally done a number..Eh? Shocked
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: Why does my Sony Trinitron XBR (KV32XBR10) show black li Reply with quote

SonyListens wrote:
JSimps wrote:

I’m Dave J (CY35) from Sony Listens and I have read your posting.
If the solution below does not reslove your issue, we would like the opportunity to review your situation. Please contact us at [email protected]. Please include the complete model number and serial number of your unit, detailed information regarding the issue you are having and your contact information

SOLUTION: A thin, gray, horizontal line may be visible on a Trinitron television or computer monitor when a light-colored background is displayed on the screen. This is a shadow of the aperture grille damper wire. The function of the damper wire is to keep the wires that make up the aperture grille from vibrating. This is normal and should not interfere with regular viewing.

I work for a ASC. You guys don't give me the time of day more or less a customer. Respond to this. What is the Sony Triage?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия