electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Desparately need a Ribbon Cable!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulskii

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Desparately need a Ribbon Cable!!! Reply with quote

I was repairing my tv and I accidentally ripped a ribbon cable...on it says SUMITOMO-M AWM 2896 80C VW-1 -F- It is white with 40 pins and is about 20mm wide and 120mm long...It came from a Mitsubishi WD-52525 DLP Tv...does anyone know where I can buy one of these cables?

I checked e-bay and found nothing...and the only thing I could find on google was a company selling it in bulk...

Please help!
paulskii

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually found an identical cable at Digikey.com....I gave them a call, and they were able to help me out right away!

btw...I bought 5 of these cables...Digikey.com part number HFF-40U-03-ND
http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts/35548-cable-flat-flex-40pos-0-5mm-3-050r40-76b.html

I just hope it really is the identical replacement for my cable....well see...

Thanks Again,
Paul
paulskii

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to post an update on these cables that I bought from Digikey....they are a bit shorter than I expected...they are NOT the exact length of the white ribbon cables in my chassis...luckily there is one ribbon cable that does not need to be as long as the others, and one of the replacement cables that I bought will fit there nicely...if anyone needs these cables...call Digikey and talk to a sales rep, they will get you the right part...
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.
awsome6

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Great stuff Reply with quote

I searched for hours and hours and yep!! they did it!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия