electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Help with grayscale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sonictherevenge

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Help with grayscale Reply with quote

I have a older hitachi 46 inch I recieved the set at no cost it didnt work I fixed that, He said it was out of convergiance I took out the board and resoldered everything and fixed that. After hours of tinkering with the geometry screws I fixed his attempt at correcting the convergence. Now I just need to adjust the greyscale the color is good the black and white are OK but the areas on screen that should be greyish are greenish I looked for the screen adjustment screws but I dont have a Block with six adjustments The focus is on the convergance board but I dont see anything else but the geometry screws. any ideas.
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The block is in the front of the set. Keep adjusting the 3 colors until you have the best possible black and white. If you have a tinge of green start by turning down the green screen control in the front of the set.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for answering, I have looked and I dont have the box with the screen adjustments focus. The 3 focus pots are on the back of the Convergance board but I cant find the screen adjustments pots. The picture looks great except for the gray areas. Its a CU4601b hitachi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look on the crt sockets.
sonictherevenge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that might be it each Crt at the base on the flat board there are 2 pots on small one larger and both round. here is pic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/made2luv3/Michaelsstuff.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing, black. This is a 1990 model.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия