electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Loose spring in Panasonic PV-4762 DVD/VCR - where does it go

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agoalban

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Loose spring in Panasonic PV-4762 DVD/VCR - where does it go Reply with quote

Greetings all...
I have a Panasonic DVD/VCR that sustained some damage during a move. Looked like just some cracking of the outer case, but when I tried to play a tape it goes in all the way but is ejected immediately.
I opened it up to look for damage and found a loose little torsional spring, that I can only assume is related to the ejection mechanism. I looked very carefully around the VCR mechanism, but didn't see where it belongs.

This seems awfully specific for someone to know the answer right out, but you all may know if this type of thing would be covered in a service manual. The one i found online would cost $16 for the pdf, and I'd like to feel somewhat confident that the answer is there.
thanks guys
Al_Dodge_Bundy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post a photo of the spring and vcr-engine?

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Loose spring in Panasonic PV-4762 DVD/VCR - where does it go Reply with quote

Good idea but alternatively some kind soul with a Panasonic account could easily download the manual from the website and upload it.
Sorry but I nolonger have an account or I would have.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your suggestions guys. I posted some picts at:
http://home.comcast.net/~agoalban/VCR_picts.html
They are pretty high resolution, so they appear big.
[/img]
Al_Dodge_Bundy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfff, Guess the picture, that's harder then I expected Very Happy

Isn't this the spring that pushes the pinch-roller against the capstanmotor?

(Check if the pinchroller has any springs on it)

Good luck,

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Loose spring in Panasonic PV-4762 DVD/VCR - where does it go Reply with quote

I can see the pinch roller spring in the pic.
Looks a bit like the cass housing flap spring.
When the tape is ejected this flap opens and when a tape is inserted it closes again especially as you have damage to the front panel.
Could it be that this spring fell into the housing stopping the mechanism operation resulting in immediate aject.
By removing the top lid retreiving the spring and trying a tape it again ejected but could the reason now be sensors are picking up artificial light source causing the eject now.
Put the lid on again and try without the spring just to see.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark and Guest,
Your comments are highly appreciated. I think the little spring belongs to the door that opens and closes in the front panel to insert and eject the tape. I think this is what you're saying. It does seem to fit on one end. I will do as you suggest, and try to again with the housing on to block.
cheers
Santiago
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия