electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
DC to AC inverter for pure sine wave

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hendi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: DC to AC inverter for pure sine wave Reply with quote

is anyone can help?...
is there any dc to ac converter (12Vdc to 220-240Vac) schema that produces 500W pure sine wave?

thanks in advance
torbjorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inverters delivering sine wave are fairly cheap today, so i don't think it is a very economic DIY project.

A good place for finding schematics is to look at the application notes at some power semiconductor manufacturer's websites. I.e. Fairchild, Intersil, Texas Instruments.
hendi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: DC to AC inverter for pure sine wave Reply with quote

thanks for your advice.
I've searched at local shop and found out that the inverter can not be used for driving a motor load. why?
I'm looking the inverter just because I have an ac motor where I want to give the power from acid battery not from ac power.
torbjorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually, it should not be a problem connecting a motor to an inverter. Maybe that particular inverter design has problems with voltage or frequency regulation when connecting a "live" load as a motor with inertia to it, or maybe it cannot supply the high inrush current needed by some kinds of motors.

What kind of motor is it? A commutator (universal) motor or an induction motor? Does it have any speed control or soft start facilities? What is the motor to be used for?
hendi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've look at the inverter that it produces a suitable frequency (50Hz) to the motor. I'm not sure what kind of the motor, maybe a universal one. It doesn't have speed control. It is used to drive some gears making any seed (paper) to be a powder like.

one more thing. is the modified sine wave = sine wave? is that ok to drive ac motor?
torbjorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When inverter vendors talk about "modified sine wave", they usually mean a staircase wave. Most motors should be able to run fairly well on a such voltage, perhaps they make somewhat more noise or operate with somewhat lower efficiency than on a pure sine wave.
power

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Torbjorn,

Your comments has really helped me. thanks!
hendi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will find the pure sine wave since I will use it for a long time. The price is quite significant different between them.

Thanks torbjorn.
John_audson

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Torbjorn,

Thanks for sharing this information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия