electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Salora sp2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jack__

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Salora sp2 Reply with quote

My salora maestro 28" tv is dead. I found flyback diode bym36e which was broken. I reply the diode but it broken again. Where is the fault?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea? I dont find any short circuit flyback line.
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Any idea? I dont find any short circuit flyback line.

Not familiar with the set but tried looking at the diagram ...
are you saying the diode keeps shorting out right away--(what do you mean by broken?)
there is a diagram here which diode are you talking about?
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/7707/Salora_SP2.html

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The diode is VO30 (BYM36E). Yes I mean shorting out. I think that current rise too high, but I don't find any fault . TV tried to start but then diode shorting out.
vtech

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
The diode is VO30 (BYM36E). Yes I mean shorting out. I think that current rise too high, but I don't find any fault . TV tried to start but then diode shorting out.

That is definitely your main DC (150v) which supplies the horizontal (thru pin 10 of flyb.)among others . Either it is not regulating or as you said there is too much current draw.... You can try isolating all the places U1 goes or better yet, is to use a variac & see if you can bring it up slowly to get some measurments.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont't have variac so I have to try isolate. How I isolate all the places U1? What is the component that regulate the system?
torbjorn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the power supply can deliver so much current that just the current would damage the VO30. It is more likely that it is too high voltage across the diode that causes it to fail.

Check the snubber network across the diode, RO107 and CO074. Also, it can be a good idea to check the snubber components on the primary side of the switching transformer, VO07, VO08, CO14, CO21.

The voltage control circuitry is around VO12 and NO03. For example, if one of the resistors RO026 or RO030 goes open circuit or if the photocoupler NO03 is bad, the power supply will get out of regulation. Also, you will get no voltage control if the supply voltage for the photocoupler, that seems to be 5 V and come from the NO04, is lacking.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check all the components and any of them was not open circuit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any other ideas? Where the fault can be find?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How I can measure TDA16846? What will be happen if NO01 is broken?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия