electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Transistor question if you know electronics please help!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruiserman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Transistor question if you know electronics please help! Reply with quote

I need to replace a couple transistors and I have the numbers but don't know where to purchase them or what the numbers mean.
The numbers on the transistor are:

K30A
Y 5H <--- It looks just like that

If you have any ideas on what this all means that would be helpful as well as where I could buy two of these or if there are other transistros that would be compatible.

These are used in a Bass Guitar's active pickup board.
Thanks in advance
Brian
Ray

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More likely smal signal JFET transistor 2SK30A --- rather reliable device

How do you know they are bad? especially in a P/U ckt Question

Ray

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a friend that thought the transistor went bad. He does know a bit about electronics but not sure exactly how much. The instrument was not working. So I tried replacing them. The transistors I put in seem to work ok but I will go find the ones your talking about. I have seen those. Yesterday I found the real reason for the bass guitar not working and it wasn't the transistors. Seems it had a controller that was grounding out. The inside of the guitar was lined with aluminum tape and that seemed to be causing the problem. I took the tape out and rewired a bit and now it works even with these other transistors I bought. Don't think they are exactly right though. Should have it fixed soon. Thanks for the info.
B
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия