electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Call for t-shoot oppinion and where to find BA6996FP

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
georgeNCSUee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Call for t-shoot oppinion and where to find BA6996FP Reply with quote

Hi guys!

Well, it looks like my first t-shoot conclusion, about what was wrong with my Eclipse, was wrong Sad. I've been playing more carefully with the cooling spray and now I believe it's not the MN101C51FFA servo controller but actually a chip from the other side, the BA6996FP, which I believe is the driver for the motors. I cannot pinpoint the problem any further since the board needs to be face down for the unit to be able to operate. Can anybody, by looking at the pic, tell me if there is anything in the area around this BA6996FP that could be affected by heat in a way that would cause the unit to malfunction? Here's the pic

[url]http://home.nc.rr.com/georgencsuee/index_files/image007.jpg [/url]

Idea I guess I should say again what my problem was from my other post: “after introducing a CD, the player works fine for 30-40 seconds, after which the laser positioning mechanism goes crazy and starts oscillating inward and outward a very short distance. It does that until the unit is turned off”. So I played around with the cooling spray and decided that the problem was heat related.

And another question: can anybody tell me where I can buy this BA6996FP from? I tried Newark, Digi-key, Mouser, Jameco and a bunch of other that came up on Google, but nothing (some of them, that had it, required large minimum orders).

Thanks a lot guys,
George
georgeNCSUee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh! Nobody has any opinions? Well, in the mean time I managed to find the BA6996FP and ordered it. I guess I'll find out if I'm right or not after I swap it.

George

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Call for t-shoot oppinion and where to find BA6996FP Reply with quote

If you have any old vcr's around you may be lucky as it is a common i.c for driving motors. Sorry I could not provide a source as you are in a different country but if it is any consolation this i.c does fail on occasion.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Call for t-shoot oppinion and where to find BA6996FP Reply with quote

Never noticed the picture but looking at it I see an electrolytic capacitor 47uf, 16v next to the i.c which may also be a suspect.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия