electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
XG-NV2SB Sharp LCD Projector power problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinoyeagle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: XG-NV2SB Sharp LCD Projector power problem Reply with quote

The projector was dead. I replaced two electrolytic capacitors(one in the ballast section and the other in the main PS section) and the 5A fuse. It worked fine. I turned it off and waited until it shuts down. As soon as it shuts down the capacitors and the fuse blew again. This happens without flipping the main power switch off.

Then I replaced the capacitor and the fuse again and before I turn it on I put a voltmeter across the capacitor. As I turned it on voltage reads 348V (based on the the service manual it should be ~360V). Everything is OK. Fans are working. Video is OK. I pressed the ON/OFF button (not the main power switch), waited and as soon as it shuts down voltage went up to 530V. I immediately flip the main power switch OFF. The capacitor rating is 450V.

I disconnect the ballast unit and its doing the same thing so I know the ballast is not the problem.

Does anyone had this problem before? Need help.
Phils

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musta.
I don't know anything about this projector in particular, but my first thought is that there is a power factor correction circuit that does not turn off with the PS as it should. I'd need a diagram if I were to offer any ideas about what to check though.
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a filtering problem. Keep replacing the caps. All if possible.
pinoyeagle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Phils and minnie.

I just found what the problem is. It's a 47uF/35V filter capacitor for AN8032 (active filter control IC) Vcc. Very Happy
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinoyeagle wrote:
Thanks Phils and minnie.

I just found what the problem is. It's a 47uF/35V filter capacitor for AN8032 (active filter control IC) Vcc. Very Happy

Sounds about right. Very Happy
Moe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Sharp Nv2sb fuse Reply with quote

am trying to change the fuse on the sharp projector, but can not fine it.any help locating it??
thanks
jts1957

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digikey?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия