electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Zenith Projection TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barkengo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Zenith Projection TV Reply with quote

I just picked up (for free) a Zenith Model PVY5265DT. It has sound, but no picture. The screen is entirely blank. There is faint color coming off of each tube (red, green, blue) on the inside of the set. Where do I start?

Thanks
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First check R5102 on all crt boards 120k ohm.
Barkengo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Zenith Projection TV Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I looked all over the CRT board several times and I'm sure there is no reference designator R5102. I found E5102, Q5102 and C5102.
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be there. You sure E5102 isn't R5102?
barkengo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Zenith Projection TV Reply with quote

HI: I checked again and there is a R5101 and R5103, 5104, but no 5102. The E5102 comonent is a brown squarish part mounted on leads about a 1/4 inch above the board. The component has a slit going across the top of it. Therre are three of these, E5102, E5103 and E5104.
barrygottlieb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Zenith Projection tv Reply with quote

OK, I'm an idiot. Finally found R5102's. They were bad and I changed all three. Now I have horizontal lines across the screen and the top and bottom of the screen are concave. Sound is good. What next?
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия