electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Akai model # PT5492S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enough2bdangerous

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Akai model # PT5492S Reply with quote

I have an Akai PT5492S 2002 that wont turn on at first. It makes a Buzzing/sizzleing sound. Also the Timer light on the front panel stays lit. The only way to try and get it to turn on is to unplug and plug it in multiple times sometimes this works and the tv will play fine. The only way to turn the set off however is by unplugging? Rolling Eyes Minnie recommends changing the IC'S but is not certain. I spotted a ceramic black cap located net to relay r803 size of a nickle and as thick with a hairline crack. Could this possible cause a problem. I am uncertain how to identify and purchase this cap at this time.
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say sizzling sounds like a bad high voltage splitter. Check the screen/focus block. Could be a bad flyback also. The sound you describe sounds like the high voltage. Get ahold of Paul and see if he has a service manual to get a part # for the cap. What is the exact location number?
enough2bdangerous

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: AKAI Reply with quote

Hi Minnie I thought you gave up on me.. Sad . I think it to be hi voltage as well, it has that characteristic. Several times I tried to pinpoint the location and found myself hanging around the flyback area. Is the screen/focus block located just behind the front grill of the set with about 6 adjustment type plastic tuners and about 2 inch (black) square. If so I had to disconnect a lead from the flyback to it to remove the power board and replace that electrolytic. Is this the screen/focus block?? I am not familiar who Paul is at the moment. The location of the cap was difficult to read I will take another look. I do know it is about 1/4 inch from R803 the only ceramic cap close to the edge of the board. Do you still feel I should replace the STK'S if so I will do that first. I'm getting long winded I leave it here for now. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not logged in. Give a damn button is broke. Start this over. Flyback feeds the divider/screen block. Isolate where it's coming from. The 'Noise"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия