electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Just fixed my first photocopier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
absorbentgnome

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Just fixed my first photocopier Reply with quote

Got a Sharp SF-7300 out of a skip, which was absolutely knackered so thought I might as well learn how to fix photocopiers.. and share the fixes with everyone.

Fault 1)
Wouldn't pick up paper from the tray.
Weak paper load solenoid - substituting a (much) weaker spring on the lever mechanism allowed it to function properly.

Fault 2)
Terrible image quality
Drum mechanism and wiper filled up with excess toner. Remove the image drum from the mech, and clean gently with lint free cloth. Thoroughly clean mech (take it outside to do this my carpet has suffered)

Fault 3)
Dark stripe down one side of the paper
Toner deposited on mirror deep inside copier. Remove drum mech and clean carefully from the underside and though the hole at the front.

Fault 4)
Broken door
Rebuild hinge with a screw and hot melt glue

Fault 5)
Shit contrast
Adjust VR1 and VR2 to max (or whatever gives you a good copy)

Fault 6)
Knackered fixing drum. Sometimes chews paper when loaded with lots of toner. Cracked surface, peeling off.
Dunno about this one - any ideas on how to rescue it?

Lol no wonder it was in the skip. Laughing But now it gives quite reasonable copies, considering the state it was in.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Just fixed my first photocopier Reply with quote

Clean the fixdrum whit oil...

absorbentgnome wrote:
Got a Sharp SF-7300 out of a skip, which was absolutely knackered so thought I might as well learn how to fix photocopiers.. and share the fixes with everyone.

Fault 1)
Wouldn't pick up paper from the tray.
Weak paper load solenoid - substituting a (much) weaker spring on the lever mechanism allowed it to function properly.

Fault 2)
Terrible image quality
Drum mechanism and wiper filled up with excess toner. Remove the image drum from the mech, and clean gently with lint free cloth. Thoroughly clean mech (take it outside to do this my carpet has suffered)

Fault 3)
Dark stripe down one side of the paper
Toner deposited on mirror deep inside copier. Remove drum mech and clean carefully from the underside and though the hole at the front.

Fault 4)
Broken door
Rebuild hinge with a screw and hot melt glue

Fault 5)
Shit contrast
Adjust VR1 and VR2 to max (or whatever gives you a good copy)

Fault 6)
Knackered fixing drum. Sometimes chews paper when loaded with lots of toner. Cracked surface, peeling off.
Dunno about this one - any ideas on how to rescue it?

Lol no wonder it was in the skip. Laughing But now it gives quite reasonable copies, considering the state it was in.
absorbentgnome

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия