electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Toshiba Satellite A105 - Will not power on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AC5FF

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Toshiba Satellite A105 - Will not power on Reply with quote

I have had a lot of problems with the power on my toshiba laptop. The AC plug was 'loose' and you had to have the power cord connected 'JUST right' or you would not get power. Because of that I believe the battery is now shot.

The power connector has been repaired. However, even before that when I would try to power the laptop nothing happens. Pressing the power on button causes the blue AC power light on the front to extinguish. Pressing again and holding for ~5 sec will light the blue light again. When the blue light goes out, the screen barely flickers... it's like it is on, but black, and you just removed power from it.

There is no sounds. no post codes, no fan, nothing. After the power connector was repaired, I can plug it in and get a good connection. I no longer have to fiddle with the plug to get it to sit just right. But, I still get the same problem when pressing the power button.

Any ideas on where my problem could lie?

Thanks!
32bit_dsp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Often when the power connector breaks away form the motherboard on laptops, it is almost an impossible fix. Usually more than the solder joints break on the board damaging the board itself breaking internal layers on the board. Unfortunately your laptop may not be repairable.

You could try to take it back to the place it was repaired to see if they can try to resolder the connector, in my experience these fixes are just temporary and it will ultimately break again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Toshiba Satellite A105 - Will not power on Reply with quote

When the blue light goes out, the screen barely flickers... it's like it is on, but black, and you just removed power from it.

I've been having a similar problem with my p105. Is the power on with no lit screen? If so, power it on, shine a flashlight on the monitor. You may see a very dim picture of your desk top. If you can see it plug an external monitor in the back of your laptop and press Fn and F5 keys a few times until you see a picture on the external picture.
If there's a dim picture on your laptop monitor, a few things can be wrong.
1. The lamp inside the screen has blown
2. The power inverten has blown
3. The latch switch is stuck inside
4. the graphics card is faulty

Hope this helps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия