electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Nightmare samsung tv

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fluffybunny

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Nightmare samsung tv Reply with quote

Hi,
I have a samsung sp42w5hfx rear projection tv. About a month ago its blue convergence failed, I had the repaired (new IC stk 040 chips and two resistors cost £140) My tv now has another problem, when it starts its fine the first minute then it starts getting wavy lines going across it, these settle about 15 minutes in to watching it (disappear) however the picture of the tv seems to have a very light red and green tint to it and also some ghosting on white, ive changed all capacitors on the ic board still no difference as I thought that could have been the cause of the wavy lines.....anyone have any idea, would be appreciated...thanx
fluffybunny

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone please... Sad
Old Bassid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: samsung RPTV probs Reply with quote

Is your antenna system ok?( try another tv). RPTV probs, apart from the STK, are a bassid to fix- reason is because of high purchase price, ain't many around, so ain't much experience/knowledge around to fix- seems a shame, but dats life!. Unless you access manufacturer service- is it worth the price?- up to you. If this set is crt, pic tubes have short life due to x-tra hi eht( to get brite)- if lcd light source has life of @ 1000 hrs- either way, I would not own or fix these utter w---ker sets(in my humble opinion). Kind regards from an Old Bassid.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post a picture?
Old Bassid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: samsung rptv probs Reply with quote

It is likely that your probs are due to digital convergence mis- when STK,s are r/p also is need to adjust digi converge(thru remote in service mode). Would need info to do- generally enter service mode, adjust converge, exit.A likely source of such info is a liver in Hell( apparently). Cheers.
fluffybunny

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The image is similar to the above (wavy lines) start 1 minute after the tv is switched on and dissapear after 15 minutes, I think the convergence board needs replacing for the green and the red because the screen shows tints of green and red even after setting the convergence in service mode....thanks any help appreciated
fluffybunny

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgot to metion the wavy lines scroll...thanks
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no red. I don't see the wavy lines?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия