electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
philips 28pw6515/05
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: philips 28pw6515/05 Reply with quote

The remote control started working intermitantly and now doesn't work at all. I know it's not the remote as I have other controllers that work with the tv and they wouldn't work at the same time as the main controller.

Any suggestions?

Also any idea where to get Philips part such as circuit boards?

Thanks
teleman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: philips 28pw6515 Reply with quote

Hi Do buttons work on the tv also if you switch off set then back on does remote work for a while
querida

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: philips 28pw6515/05 Reply with quote

jimb wrote:
The remote control started working intermitantly and now doesn't work at all. I know it's not the remote as I have other controllers that work with the tv and they wouldn't work at the same time as the main controller.

Any suggestions?

Also any idea where to get Philips part such as circuit boards?

Thanks
Sad I have the same problème with my TV philips, I have looking for in different forum, I think that's the problème come from IC 7064 ,
Jimb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: faulty remote Reply with quote

Yes the buttons on the top of the tv still work and sometimes after the tv has been turned off the remote works for a few mins.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: faulty remote Reply with quote

Jimb wrote:
Yes the buttons on the top of the tv still work and sometimes after the tv has been turned off the remote works for a few mins.

It will be the 'painter' ic faulty. MCES can repair but it aint cheap
Jimb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Philips 28pw6515/05 Reply with quote

Any idea how much they would charge? It is not a problem for me to send them the circuit board on it's own.
teleman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Painter chip Reply with quote

Hi Its about £80 to have the chip supplied and fitted you just send the sub panel with the painter chip on. Check www.mces.co.uk
dan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: philips 28pw6515/05 Reply with quote

Did you have any luck fixing the intermittent fault with your TV, I've been having the same problem for nearly a year now but can't seem to find any information on the fault and have struggled to get any circuit diagrams to help me fix it myself?
Charlie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: philips 28pw6515/05 Reply with quote

Dan, the problem is the painter chip.

It's on the small sub board, located upright at the rear left on the TV. It slots in like a memory module in a PC.

MCES can repair the board for you. But you'll have to setup the option codes and geometry when you get it back. I'm not sure if they do that, we normally repair the boards ourselves, so we take down all the settings before replacing the chip.
JimB

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent the Philips Circuit Board of to MES last Monday went on holiday came back on Friday. Collected the repaired board from City Link fitted it and the remote works again. I didn't need to set anything up although they did send instructions on how to. I'm not sure if I would have been able to carry out there instructions if I had had to as they didn't explain how to access engineering mode. But it works so thanks for the advice it has saved on buying a new TV for a while.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия