electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony SLV-SE820G VCR

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Sony SLV-SE820G VCR Reply with quote

UK Model - Fault no front display and wrong functions on front buttons - I have replaced C701 and reduced R668 & R669 to 4.7k. The VCR seems to be in secam mode, I cannot access the option data settings menu, the screen remains black. Would you recommend I replace the EEPROM IC605? Help would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Sony SLV-SE820 Reply with quote

Hello,
The processor should be upgraded to a newer version but you can try just altering the option bytes, as these are probably corrupted. The normal way to access the test mode was to press the hidden front 'test' button, and then keep the handset 'menu' button depressed until the options showed up on the screen. This won't work, in this instance. You will need to use a Scart connection to the set, try pressing the 'menu' button until you get a blue screen on the TV and then press the 'record' button instead of the 'test' button, and keep the 'menu' button pressed until they show up. Change the options to those for the SE820, I haven't got a list for these, perhaps someone out there might have.
You should check the head switching, if it needs altering, play a good tape,
and press the 'test' button, then the 'SP/LP' handset button to reset switching.
Good Luck,
Jack.
EricH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: SLV-SE820G Reply with quote

Thanks very much for your help Jack. Pressing the record button & then holding down the handset menu button for 5 seconds got me into the data options menu, after resetting these ( I downloaded a manual from the internet) and saving the settings all front controls operated as normal & the front display returned. I did have to reset the head switching point.

Regards: Eric
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия