electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Magnavox 20MS3442 goes crazy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamin220

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Magnavox 20MS3442 goes crazy Reply with quote

Hello there. I own a Magnavox 20MS3442 20" tv. Over the past month or so, it's developed the weird habit of turning itself on and off, raising the volume randomly, reprogramming itself and changing channels.

I've changed the batteries in all of the remotes. Put the tv by itself in another room. Nothing stops the ghost tv.

Can anyone help?
billyj526

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Same TV, same problem Reply with quote

My Magnavox has the exact same problems. Unplugging it for the night and holding in the power button in for 5 minutes and then plugging it in again worked for a while but it started going crazy again after a month. I tried it again and it was ok for about 2 weeks when i woke up to the sound at 100% at 3:00am and it would not go down with the remote or the panel volume control so i just unplugged it beacaus no buttons would work or turn it off. What a shame. I didn't have it for that long. Its going to cost more to fix it than buying a new one. I guess it time for that new LCD or Plasma but it wont be a Phillips or a Magnavox.
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace the small signal board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия