electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips MD2.22 chassie
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Owe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Philips MD2.22 chassie Reply with quote

Hi!
Problems with a Philips 32 PW 9503/12, chassie MD 2.22

Shortcircuit in HV-transistor BU2520D, short in 2418 (85 ohms). 220pF
Have replaced both of them, tv started up for 1 sec with highvoltage
then to stby. Red standbylight on front is blinking rapidly.
U1 is at 15 volt only, does not matter if I disconnect the HV-transistor
or not.
No short in HV-transformer!

Any hints??
picasso

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: md2.2 Reply with quote

hi,

also replace fet 7470 = IRF620FI

Greets, Wink
owe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx!!!

Have replaced 7470 and the set is now operating normally!

Owe
netblues

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll resurrect the thread.
TV had all the symptoms mentioned above.
Changed IRF, changed BU changed capacitor and tv worked for a few hours
with no issues.
Then BU burned again (new mica AND heating paste applied when replaced)

I have been through the chassis pdf's but not sure if it is an exact match

Exact Model is 32pw9763/32

Any ideas what else to look for (apart from replacing bu and irf again)

Many thanks
torbjorn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the flyback capacitor(s) and any capacitor in series with the deflection coils. Replace if any of them has any bulges or cracks in the casing or if the value is more than 5 % off. Check the entire line output and driver area very carefully for bad solder joints etc, also make sure that there are no signs of overheating in the connector to the deflection coils. Check all electrolytic caps in the driver stage, in particular if the set does not have a driver transformer but R-C coupling between the driver and output stage.
When you get the set running, check the waveform at the output transistor’s base with a scope, and check that the transistor does not get particularly hot.
netblues

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, have replaced BU and fet again and the set is working as expected.
No faulty parts found (as much as I could test).
Found some old mica on the heater, this could be the curlpit.
After leaving the set on for 3-4 hours bu temperature is less than 50 Celcius

I suppose this could have been the issue for the second burnout.

I'll know in a week...
Thanks for the info
westronix

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to resurrect his thread again!

This set is a 29PT8413/05.

Original symptoms green LED flashing on/off about once every two seconds, PSU tripping slowly. No dead short across line output stage supply. BU measured ok out of circuit.

Replaced LOPT, and BU for good measure. Set worked for 5 to 10 minutes then went off, red LED flashing and s/c across supply to line output stage. BU now s/c and IRF leaky.

Replaced BU and IRF again, checked C2418 on component bridge (good) resoldered possible dry-joint on output of driver transformer and checked entire circuit. No faults found. Scan coil circuit ok (no poor connections on plugs etc).

Set worked again for about ten minutes then BU s/c and IRF leaky again. Heatsink quite warm but not scorching. Picture fine until point of failure.

Any more ideas please???
gary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scan coil connector often goes dry jointed on those sets, will cause intermittent loptr failure
Westronix

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply Gary. I had already bypassed the connector on the scan coils by soldering the wires directly onto the tags, and the connector on the main board is ok.

I think (hope) I have solved it. Looks like dodgy BU2520D transistors...I have today ftted a new genuine Philips Phillipines transistor (and another IRF..) and the set has been running for two hours so far, with the heatsink barely warm.

The other transistors (still marked BU2520D but with 'PHL' above) have a slightly different case style and were apparently made in China. The heatsink reached a much higher temperature in only a few minutes.

The original problem was definitely the line output transformer, I think it had a failed rectifier in the eht section as it was loading the power supply but not sufficiently to cause a permanent trip. If I had kept the original BU2520D in there would probably have been no problems but I replaced it for good measure along with the transformer. Then the problems started....

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Brian.
torbjorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counterfeit power transistors seem to be a raising problem. Some years ago, i had trouble with a Sharp tv using a BUH515 in the line output stage. The original transistor was manufactured by ST and i got replacements with a Philips brand name from a, as i thought, reliable supplier. However, some research in the web shows that Philips never has manufactured the BUH515, so those parts i got have to be counterfeit. Probably re-labeled BU508 from a no-name manufacturer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия