electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Panasonic NV-FS100B does not power on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsu3000

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Panasonic NV-FS100B does not power on Reply with quote

Hi

I have an old Panasonic NV-FS100B S-VHS Video deck (UK model) which does not power on. It has been working perfectly for many years but today decided not to work.

I have no idea how to find out what is wrong. Has someone got some ideas on where to start looking for signs of problems? I am guessing its a problem with the PSU. I have done the usual like check the fuse on the plug etc. Is there a service manual for this deck?

Thanks in advance.
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a power problem and could be a capacitor(s) issue? There is a ..FS200 in the archive which may be similar to your unit.(on top of page in the red letter box, type NVFS and press "findnow)"

Either way, someone experienced should be able to diagnose the problem-- Afraid not a whole lot for an average user. Wink

As a general rule, for a dead set with no obvious defects, you'd start with measuring standby voltage(s) which can lead to the source of the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия