electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
TV (direct view) color variations
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larbo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: TV (direct view) color variations Reply with quote

I recently purchased a used 27" Sony KV-27FS120 and most of the time, the picture is great. Sometimes there is quite a bit of color intensity variation from one channel to the next. I get my signal from Dish Network and the worst offenders are the local stations. My old RCA TV did not do this.

1. Is this something a TV should automatically correct for? If so, what is that function called?

2. Is there an adjustment or setting that can engage or enhance this corrective funtion?

I am not a tech but I am also not adverse to making internal adjustments that don't require the exactness of a scope, just visual confirmation.

Thanks.
jts1957

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Color variations Reply with quote

Try:
www.riverparkinc.com/techpdf/KV27FS120%20owners%20manual.pdf
Larbo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why you gave me a link to the owner's manual (which I already have). This seems to be beyond a simple user menu potion. Thanks.
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play a DVD. The problem lies with dish no work. Sony's tend to be less forgiving. Cycle through the picture mode to see if this helps. How are you hooded up? Coax? Composite?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Minnie, DVD's play fine. Sorry, but in working through your typo's, please confirm that you are saying that Dish may be the problem??? And you are also saying that if that is true, then Sony's color correction circuits tend to not be as hardy as some other brands??? Different pictures mode don't eliminate this channel-to-channel issue.

Thanks, Larry
jts1957

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Why user's manual Reply with quote

First, your original post didn't say you had consulted the user's manual.

Second, that manual would have the answer(s) to : "Is this something("this") TV should automatically correct for? If so, what is that function called?" and "Is there an adjustment or setting that ("I") can engage ("to") enhance this corrective funtion?"
Larbo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that you guys are trying to be helful. but, I have never seen an owner manual tell you that a TV has corrective circuits that should accomodate any channel-to-channel differences and state the circuit names, let alone when it does not have a related menu setting or option.

I do not get this forum. Sad

If being defensive for Minnie, no need. I honestly did not understand a part of her comment (The problem lies with dish no work). I make typos, too. As far as how I am hooked up, it is via S-Video.

Thanks.
jts1957

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnie's mentioned "Dish Nework" is source of problem ??? but you had already said didn't have this problem with RCA tv. Same S-video hookup on that?
Larbo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem with the RCA on S-Video with Dish Network. Maybe I should try composite. Maybe no TV is perfect as the RCA (prior to its untimely death) always had a blooming problem. I won't miss that!

I have the Pic Mode on Movie. Not as bright or contrasty as Standard or Vivid but not as dull as Pro (Pro??... they must be kidding). I don't like strongly saturated images anyway, though many probably do.

The Sony has a great pic but if I set up the pic controls based on an intense channel, then the weak ones look almost black and white, and conversely.......

On an tangential but related subject, I just wanted to confirm that in this forum, you cannot edit your postings (except the OP) even if logged in? If so, I will have to be more deliberate with my poor typing skills.

Thx
jts1957

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's "Network."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия