electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Technosonic LCD1908 - dead - but stanby light flashing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jabiru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Technosonic LCD1908 - dead - but stanby light flashing Reply with quote

Hi, I have a Technosonic LCD1908 tv which just went blank having been watching it for a couple of hours. The red stanby light pulses every 1/2 second at about half its normal brightness. I've checked the internal fuse and can't see any visual sign of component failure. It's 1 month out of warranty, so any help much appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Technosonic LCD1908 - dead - but stanby light flashing Reply with quote

Jabiru wrote:
Hi, I have a Technosonic LCD1908 tv which just went blank having been watching it for a couple of hours. The red stanby light pulses every 1/2 second at about half its normal brightness. I've checked the internal fuse and can't see any visual sign of component failure. It's 1 month out of warranty, so any help much appreciated.

Mine's just done the same and it's also just out of warranty too. Anyone any ideas? Crying or Very sad
Jabiru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Technosonic LCD1908 - dead - but stanby light flashing Reply with quote

I found with a bit of luck and poking around with a voltmeter, that one of the Schottky diodes was faulty on the power area of the circuit board. There is a pair of them towrds the top of the board on the left hand side attached to a heat sink.

I replaced both with part no. SC07404 (£3.18 each) from

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/home/homepage.jsp?CMP=KNC-GUK-CPC-CBR

Worked a treat!
Very Happy
dave.mcdonald

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link for the components, replaced these in my set at the weekend as had nothing to lose and now working again. Thanks again

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems like a very common fault. My Technosonic 1908 has just done the same thing and I have found this thread whilst searching to find what the problem is.

I have just ordered 4 of the parts seeing as they are £1.60 each and delivery is £6 in case it happens again.

Did anyone else notice that the tv was making a high pitched squeal in the weeks before this happened? Mine was, wonder if it was because of this.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I ask. how do you take this part out?

I have managed to take 1 of the screws out but I cannot get toth eother as the big yellow bit is in the way. But I cannot seem to pull the one I have got the screw out off the board.

Please help!
KevinG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same model and have exactly the same fault, was watching it last night and it just went off and the LED started to flash.

I have located the parts as described in the post above but they do look difficult to take out!
KevinG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Fixed! Reply with quote

A big thankyou for this post, I managed to get the parts from RS, Fitted them in and its working perfectly!
bctom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant get mine to work. I have managed to replace the parts and the tv just started making a clicking noise.

Then I managed to make some sparks and it doesnt even make that sound now.

Think its totally buggered. If anyone else is having the same problem and requires 2 of these diode things just let me know and I will put 2 new ones of them on ebay.
Forever hopeful

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: LCD1908 Reply with quote

Hi

I know the comments about the LCD1908 are quite old, but I've just come to them.

My set is two years old but packed up about 6 months ago. Frustrated at having to buy a new one I called in a TV repair guy to see if it was fixable, he discovered the same diode faults and worse, that problem had led to another, in that it fried the power transformer. It is now beyond economical repair - a TV that lasts 18 months is quite frankly, rubbish.

However, he said that under the sale of goods act a TV should last considerably longer. I have been in touch with Tesco where Igot the set from and have completed an 'out of warranty' claim form.

If anyone's interested I will let you know how I get on.

Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия