electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Novice needs help with Projection TV....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Novice needs help with Projection TV.... Reply with quote

I have a 12 year old GE 46" pojection TV with some issues. The TV picture does not always come on...sometimes it will after 10 minutes other times it takes hours...also after TV comes on about 10 minutes will pass then it makes this long drawn out squealin/chirping sound..once that is done everything is fine. I am really ghoping someone can help me with this... Confused
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you think it just might help if you posted the model and chassis number?

HtH
[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
LJ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to check every capacitor at regulator circuit.
jts1957

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Novice needs help Reply with quote

If you need location(s) of part(s), The Model &/or Chassis number would be required.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justmanuals wrote:
Don't you think it just might help if you posted the model and chassis number?

HtH
[email protected]

Don't you think you would be more helpful if you were less sarcastic? This isn't my first rodeo...there are many posts that never get responded to...As said I am out of my element with electronics so please cut me some slack. The model # is 46GW944...any input will be appreciated.
jts1957

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Why model or chassis number is required! Reply with quote

c14147 1.5uf@100v

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Why model or chassis number is required! Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:
c14147 1.5uf@100v

Ummmmmmm........not sure what that means......I can work a volt meter, but what am I looking for? Thanks.
jts1957

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: looking for Reply with quote

That's the "Location" and "Rating/Value" of a part that has been know in the past to cause the symptom you're reporting. There are other possibilities as well. Of course, until it is checked &/or changed you won't know for sure.

"C" is for "capacitor." In this case an electrolytic-type. "C14147" is the I.D. of a particular capacitor. That number (possibly shortened to C4147) should be stamped on the circuit board next to the part in question.

See if there is a paper that shows a drawing of major boards, with their main parts "roadmapped," pasted somewhere inside of set. Words like: Signal, deflection, tuning, audio and hopefully REGULATOR should point out the "area" you should be looking at.

Can you desolder and solder as well as work a volt meter? You will need to if you want to replace this part.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: looking for Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:
That's the "Location" and "Rating/Value" of a part that has been know in the past to cause the symptom you're reporting. There are other possibilities as well. Of course, until it is checked &/or changed you won't know for sure.

"C" is for "capacitor." In this case an electrolytic-type. "C14147" is the I.D. of a particular capacitor. That number (possibly shortened to C4147) should be stamped on the circuit board next to the part in question.

See if there is a paper that shows a drawing of major boards, with their main parts "roadmapped," pasted somewhere inside of set. Words like: Signal, deflection, tuning, audio and hopefully REGULATOR should point out the "area" you should be looking at.

Can you desolder and solder as well as work a volt meter? You will need to if you want to replace this part.

Yes I can solder....I'll dive into the TV this weekend, is this capacitor a Radio Shack type item? Should I be looking for anything in particular when I find this capacitor? I really appreciate your help in taking me thru this!
jts1957

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Radio Shack doesn't have them "in stock" they should be able to acquire them. I personally haven't used Radio Shack for parts in years. There are many other catalog or online sources, although many require a mininum order, so Radio Shack may still be your best bet.
Locally we have a place called "Frys." Again, I personally don't buy parts there, but I did browse through store when they first opened to see what all they carry.
Put the "original" in an ziptop bag and take with you. Capacitance and polarity should match, but voltage could be higher, if necessary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия