electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
JVC Plasma GD-V4210 Pre-Regulator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bram Stolk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: JVC Plasma GD-V4210 Pre-Regulator Reply with quote

I have a JVC Plasma Display which has a defective Powersupply. It blows the 10 Amps fuse because the FET 2SK2698 has developped a full Drain-Source short. (Two FET operated in parallell)
I replaced the FET(s) by IRF460 after which the Plasma Display returned to operational life perfectly.

After a few On/Off cyclings of the unit it again showed failed FET's at the location Q004 and Q005.
I have been unable to diagnose the FET gate drive believed to be a 9 pin IC marked 507A001 R12.

I am looking for a schematic diagram of the PSU, and/or a useful suggestion from this expert group what to replace as most likely cause of failure component(s)

TIA
Bram
JOS

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: JVC Plasma GD-V4210 Pre-Regulator Reply with quote

Bram Stolk wrote:
I have a JVC Plasma Display which has a defective Powersupply. It blows the 10 Amps fuse because the FET 2SK2698 has developped a full Drain-Source short. (Two FET operated in parallell)
I replaced the FET(s) by IRF460 after which the Plasma Display returned to operational life perfectly.

After a few On/Off cyclings of the unit it again showed failed FET's at the location Q004 and Q005.
I have been unable to diagnose the FET gate drive believed to be a 9 pin IC marked 507A001 R12.

I am looking for a schematic diagram of the PSU, and/or a useful suggestion from this expert group what to replace as most likely cause of failure component(s)

TIA
Bram

Ik heb een voledige voeding interese email [email protected]

gr jos
robdit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for digging this up but how did you go with fixing this as mine has the same problem. Did you get the diagram and did you find a replacement for the ic? did this fix it.

Cheers

Rob
vtech

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure of the above , guess you can try emailing the guy & see what happens as he is replying in dutch to the original poster some time ago.

I don't think there was ever a diagram available for the power supply as it was not in the manual & purposely not meant to be repaired. While the FET's may be the only failures, it may be other things involved & probably not something worth getting into in the long run.
btw the part number for the board is QAL0206-001 which is not cheap.
While trying to replace the FET's may just fix it, you just never know? There may be things such as upgrades & /or modifications done to the original circuit that will never be published.
robdit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ordered two FET 2SK2698 and should be here tommorow and will put them in and see how i go. Yeah the board is $880 new but i have scorced a second hand one for $129 if i need it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия