electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Toshiba 42h81 - two vertical lines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Toshiba 42h81 - two vertical lines Reply with quote

I have a Toshiba 42h81 that has two vertical lines that split the screen in 3 pretty much evenly. This dosent show up at first but about 30 - 45 mins of usage and these lines only appear when not viewing HDTV. If this rings a bell to anyone I would love to hear about it. Thanks in advance.
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.eserviceinfo.com/viewtopic.php?t=27444
icevid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Is this really the same convergence fault? Reply with quote

I also have a 42H81 projection TV that has the two vertical lines spaced on the thirds. The lines are only appear after the TV has warmed up. It has been months since the problem showed up but I have ignored it because it was only a problem with the DVD player. Touch focus does not work but it was always a bit touchy and I can converge manually OK. I have only used the 9 point convergence. It finally dawned on me though that the vertical lines are only when using an SD source (480i or p). I was even tempted to get a DVD player with upconversion to bypass the problem but I am sure it is a symptom of trouble to come so maybe the money is best invested in fixing the problem.

Could it just be some failing resistors and capacitors?

Thanks.
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the hyper board caps #23786198 ( MVPU13 PD0264A).
icevid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Hyper board capacitors not the problem Reply with quote

It's been a long time but I replaced the 11 capacitors in the hyper board back in January and the two vertical lines stubbornly remained. Then at the beginning of the summer the convergence problem struck. I did the repair with STK192-150's hoping it might fix the vertical line problem but that was too much to hope.

It still only happens on 480 line sources. Any ideas what it could be? The fact that the lines divide the screen into 3 suggests a problem in converting 640 horizontal pixels to 1920.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
Sounds like the hyper board caps #23786198 ( MVPU13 PD0264A).

480 is processed by the hyper board. Can you post a picture?
icevid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Screen Shot of vertical lines Reply with quote

I've attached a picture that shows the two lines. It takes 20 mins for them to show up starting with the left line and then getting more pronounced. The left side is worse than the right. In the time since I took the picture the left line has become more green than red.

I don't know if it's related but the picture was pretty dark when I first turned it on and needed the brightness cranked quite high. On the default movie setting and with a dark scene it was almost invisible. It seems better now that it's been on about an hour.

http://microcommit.com/photo/vertlines.JPG
icevid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: 2 vertical lines on 42h81 Reply with quote

Minnie,

Were you able to look at the picture I posted?

Thanks,
icevid
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия