electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony Vaio PCG R505GL upgrades

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saprofagus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Sony Vaio PCG R505GL upgrades Reply with quote

I want to find out about some possibilities to upgrade RAM and Hard Drive. I did a little of research on internet and:

1- Sony allow only up to 384MB (128 installed plus up to 256MB removable) of Ram where specification for motherboard stayed 512MB. I know some people did upgrade to 640MB (128 plus 512) and they claim is working...

2-What is the maximum allowable HDD for this system. Is there any limit how big HDD I can install?

Thank's for help.
Brawser

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: RAM AND HDD UPGRADE Reply with quote

Main Chipset Intel 830MG
System Bus/FSB 133 MHz
BIOS Size/Name Inside Plug and Play (1.0a) 1x 256KB Flash ROM
Processor
Processor Make/Class Intel Celeron Mobile
Socket Type/Spec microFC-PGA/S478
Processor Speed(s) 1.20 GHz
Cache (L1/L2) 512 KB / 128 KB processor based
Video and Graphics
Video Memory/Type Integrated
Video Architecture/Chipset Intel 830MG
Built-in PC Camera N/A
Display
LCD size/type/resolution 12.1" XGA 1024x768 TFT
Memory
Maximum RAM/# of sockets 512 MB; 2 sockets
RAM Type/Spec/Pinout PC-133, 144-pin, SODIMM 3.3V
RAM Configuration(s) 512, 256, 128 MB
Storage
Hard Drives: total # ; max capacity/rpm 40 GB, 2.5-inch
1st HDD: Max capacity/height/interface 40, 30, 20 GB; 2.5-inch; 9.5mm ATA33/66/100

AND PCGA-BP4R (up to 6h) battery pack upgrade
Believer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: I did it! Reply with quote

I upgraded my RAM with INFINEON 512MB pc133 64Mx64 SDRAM
System boot up with no problem and recognise it plus 128MB on board so I have 640MB up and running.
I run some test and it looks impresive! It's accualy use 640MB and I don't know how but I'm love it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия