electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Kenwood KR796 keeps blowing fuses....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elinda

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Kenwood KR796 keeps blowing fuses.... Reply with quote

Anyone have any ideas? It's a good system and I hate to replace it. I've called a few repair shops around here (Phoenix) but everyone wants upwards of $65. just to LOOK at it.

I have replaced the fuses over and over, tried surge protectors, even took it to my office and plugged it in and same thing: the fuse blows every time the plug hits an outlet. I took it to an electronics shop, they looked it up and said that I have the right fuse, but wanted a repair fee to look any further.

I would appreciate any help you can give. To contact me directly, my e-mail is [email protected].

Thanks!! Smile
StarBaseONE2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Any time fuses blow at contact with a.c. power.... Reply with quote

any time fuses blow at contact with a.c. check to see if your rectifier bridge is healthy. After that the a.c. transformer... Good luck!
B-P Electronics

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOu can save the fuses you have left, you most likely have some shorted outputs in it. If the systems worth fixing, then $65.00 is definately not much for a repair. Dont be so cheap, fork over for the repair, it's less than a new one.
dolescle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: repair it Reply with quote

A short circuit is the most probable cause t o this problem,
I have the same problem with my KA-V7500.
It could be a rectifier got busted.
Found out it was the IC at the rear amplifier got shorted.
Check also the the power amplifier section could be a transistor shorted.
But hey if you wanna save the trouble of fiding the fault have it fixed by the shop it's much wiser..
paulus_pietsma

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: kenwwod Reply with quote

Hello,
Most probaly in this case is that your end stage is faulty.
Mostly the transistors on the coolplate are defective or the ´STK´ powerpack is shorted.
If you can´t repair this yourself it´s a good advise to bring him to the repair shop!
Good luck!

Paul.
KALP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: kenwwod Reply with quote

PLEASE SEND KENWWOD MODELS NUMBERS

!!!Post by spammer - Please, disregard!!!
Hg72

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: What ever Reply with quote

How many of you are with some kind of lessons to learn ?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия