electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Hitachi 55HDX62 will not turn on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikmar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Hitachi 55HDX62 will not turn on Reply with quote

I have a Hitachi 55hdx62 plasma that died one day. I get no power from the power supply to feed the x sus and y sus board. When I turn the power on the green led for power lights up in the front. But I get no power out to the sus boards. I have not found Any components on the power supply that look fried. Please point me in the right direction. Thank you. Confused

Mike
mikmar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: 55hdx62 power supply shutdown Reply with quote

So I measured the voltage out of the supply and found that for a split second after I turn the set on the voltage is at the output, but the supply is shutting down for some reason. I also found two different transformers that the secondary and primary connections are shorted together. I checked these transformers on the board so I am not sure if they would test good off the board. All other components look ok. Any suggestions?

Mike
mikmar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't find any bad components on the power supply. Caps all look fine, power transistors all seem to be good, schottky diodes seem ok. Not sure what the esr of the caps are since i don't have an esr meter but visually all caps look good.Anyone??????
jts1957

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lost count as to how many parts I've replaced that still "look good."

Something has to be seriously wrong with a part, or there has to be a defect (i.e. short) that is causing the part to fail and "look bad."
Your eyes may help you to find maybe 20 percent of failed parts.

The best way to prove whether a part is good or bad is substitution.
The next best way is to test the part's important parameters with appropriate test equipment.
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot me a email and I'll send you a power supply trouble shooting guide. In this set you can have a bad dig. main not allowing the set to start.
mikmar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks minnie,
I emailed you about the power supply troubleshooting guide. I appreciate the help and will post back with the findings.
mikmar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I finally got this plasma fixed. With the help of the power supply force on guide and the DW1 troubleshooting guide that minnie sent me. I found the power supply to be working correctly. During turn on the vcego and vsago turn on voltages would shutdown almost immediately. I pulled the Ysus board thinking that was the trouble and checked all diodes, capacitors and transistors but did not find any components to be at fault. I then plugged the ysus board back in and unplugged all boards from the xsus and ysus boards that fed the panel. Low and behold my vcego and vsago turn on voltages stayed up and my power supply was again producing voltages. I plugged in one board at a time until the power supply shutdown came back thus eliminating all boards except one to be at fault. It came down to the bottom scan buffer board that was shutting down the power supply. Just to eliminate the panel being at fault I unplugged the ribbon connections going to the bottom scan buffer board and tried to fire it back up. I still had shutdown. YEAH!!!!!!!! What that meant was that the buffer board was the problem. I quickly located one for sale and ordered it. The board arrived yesterday. I installed it and now have my plasma working once again. By the way with shipping the board cost $90. Pretty darn cheap repair. Thanks to minnie for helping me out with the guides to help me get this thing fixed. This site is one of the best ever.
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ain't rocket science! Laughing
mbarvo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: no power on 55hdx62 Reply with quote

minnie, would it be possible to get the power supply troubleshooting guide?
[email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия