electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony KP-53S15 won't power up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Buy, sell, trade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Sony KP-53S15 won't power up. Reply with quote

Make: Sony
Model: KP-53S15 Rear Projection TV
Manf. Date: Sept. 1995

I bought this TV new from Sears and the extended warranty is expired. Today I turned the set off to serve breakfast to my 2 year old, she was watching Sesame Street. After breakfast I attempted to power the set back up by pushing the power button on the front of the set. I heard the click of the relay, saw the timer/standby & stereo LED's flash, but heard another relay click and no power to the unit. I tried again, same thing. I then tried the remote, same thing.

I would like to attempt the repair myself if possible. Would you please tell me what you think the problem is, can I fix it myself and what part do I need. Also is there anywhere I can obtain a repair manual, instructions or schematic that will show me the proper way to access inside of the set?

Thank you,
Kirk M. Sutton Sr.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm having the same problem. Anyone with info please help.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: Sony Reply with quote

Hi, you need a tech plain and simple, your power supply has failed and there are literally 50 parts in that set that could cause your problem,
do yourself a favor and call a pro, I`ve been working on tv`s for 27 years
and Sony`s are not for newbies or laypersons, Larry E

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Sony Reply with quote

Hi, you need a tech plain and simple, your power supply has failed and there are literally 50 parts in that set that could cause your problem,
do yourself a favor and call a pro, I`ve been working on tv`s for 27 years
and Sony`s are not for newbies or laypersons, Larry E
THE GREAT OZ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: SONY SHUTDOWN PROBLEM Reply with quote

Dear sirs, your problem with the sony power supply is not that bad, The tech with the exp, that told you to call a pro is right however the problem is with two of the mosfets in the supply and the IC that regulates them. These mosfets are the wrong type in some models and fail early. This in turn will damage the IC and almost allways the bridge rectifier as well that drives them. The aprox cost of these components is $50 and enless you have the part numbers you may not be able to get them. SONY will not let you in on the secret however as a long time service tech who hates sony and their crapping on everyone I will be glad to give you the info. sequentialelectronics@adelphia,net OZ Laughing
Rhandy V

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: sony kp53s15 Reply with quote

Great OZ,
I need your assistance Sir. I saw your input about a power supply problem on sony kp53s15. I'm having the same issue. Really appreciate it if you can help me. Thanks in advance

JEJLMRC
KEITH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: SONY KP-5325 Reply with quote

HAD A TECH COME OUT TO LOOK ,SPENT 4 HRS AND STILL IS LAGGIN ON ME.HE SAID THE PART I NEED IS A STANDBY TRANSFORMER,NOT TOO SURE AFTER 4 HRS HOW WELL THIS GUY KNOWS HIS STUFF.THAT WAS A MONTH AGO AND I HAD TO CALL HIM AND HE SAID THAT PART WAS NOT AVAIABLE.IS IT?OR SHOULD I GO A DIFFRENT ROUTE.TV WILL NOT STAY ON WHEN YOU POWER UP SO I'M SO SO. HELP ME WITH ANY INFO .HE WANTS TO CHARGE ME 400.00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: SONY KP-5325 Reply with quote

KEITH wrote:
HAD A TECH COME OUT TO LOOK ,SPENT 4 HRS AND STILL IS LAGGIN ON ME.HE SAID THE PART I NEED IS A STANDBY TRANSFORMER,NOT TOO SURE AFTER 4 HRS HOW WELL THIS GUY KNOWS HIS STUFF.THAT WAS A MONTH AGO AND I HAD TO CALL HIM AND HE SAID THAT PART WAS NOT AVAIABLE.IS IT?OR SHOULD I GO A DIFFRENT ROUTE.TV WILL NOT STAY ON WHEN YOU POWER UP SO I'M SO SO. HELP ME WITH ANY INFO .HE WANTS TO CHARGE ME 400.00
I HAVE THE SAME TV AND THE SAME PROBLEM. I FOUND IT TO BE A .50 CENT FUSE ON ONE OF THE BOARDS. I REPLACED IT AND GOT 3 MORE MONTHS THEN BLEW AGAIN. I DON'T KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT TO BLOW. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE REPLACED BUT THEY CHARGE 150.00 JUST TO COME OUT. PULL THE WHOLE TRAY OUT(HOUSES THE BOARDS) , IT SLIDES PRETTY EASILY. LOOKING INTO THE BACK OF TV THE BOARD IS LOCATED ON THE RIGHT SIDE AT THE VERY END. IT STANDS VERTICAL. YOU MAY HAVE TO MOVE THE CABLE JACK (SNAPS OUT) TO REACH IT. THERE ARE TWO FUSES SIDE BY SIDE ON THIS BOARD THAT FACE THE OUTSIDE. TRY IT OND SEE WHAT YOU GET.
i HAVE REPLACE THEM 4 TIMES WITHIN THE PAST YEAR AND A HALF.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Buy, sell, trade All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия