electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
on and off picture of sony kv-29v10m

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zesto2004

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: on and off picture of sony kv-29v10m Reply with quote

pls help!!!, when i turned on the tv set it takes 1 minute before the pictures appear and when the pictures appear it goes on and off, sound ok. pls help.
thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your CRT is getting a layer of dead material on the cathodes of each gun.3 options.Take to repair shop that has a CRT rejuvenator/tester,this is best option to prolong life of set.I am a TECH and do this for a living. Sony tubes are built with enough material on the cathodes to effect this repair at least once if condition caught soon enough. 2nd option,remove back,locate flyback,usually on right side of board,rear corner,will have red wire going to CRT upper center.Two controls,top control is focus,bottom is screen control which adjusts a voltage on the CRT to cause the electron flow to flow better.This will cause a bigger layer of dead material to accumulate and makes it harder to effect repair with CRT rjvntr/tstr at later time.3rd option donate to a repair shop and replace.1st option is your best option if you can find a TECH and not a parts changer.Afterthought,if only one control on fly,the screen adjust will be on the board that is on the neck of the CRT,it will be printed on board.JerryB180.I service FWB Fl,32547.Urwlcm.
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Your CRT is getting a layer of dead material on the cathodes of each gun.3 options.Take to repair shop that has a CRT rejuvenator/tester,this is best option to prolong life of set.I am a TECH and do this for a living. Sony tubes are built with enough material on the cathodes to effect this repair at least once if condition caught soon enough. 2nd option,remove back,locate flyback,usually on right side of board,rear corner,will have red wire going to CRT upper center.Two controls,top control is focus,bottom is screen control which adjusts a voltage on the CRT to cause the electron flow to flow better.This will cause a bigger layer of dead material to accumulate and makes it harder to effect repair with CRT rjvntr/tstr at later time.3rd option donate to a repair shop and replace.1st option is your best option if you can find a TECH and not a parts changer.Afterthought,if only one control on fly,the screen adjust will be on the board that is on the neck of the CRT,it will be printed on board.JerryB180.I service FWB Fl,32547.Urwlcm.

Before you do this. Resolder the vertical IC.
zesto2004

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: kv-29v10m Reply with quote

thanks for the reply i appreciate it very much, by the way the set will steady after 20 t0 30 minutes with less on and off of the picture, one more thing is that when there is no signal (antenna) raster is ok. when there is also no signal from the av input, blank screen and osd is ok...thanks again and pls reply. pls pls pls....
jimmy_fix_it

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resolder the vertical IC common fault oon this and most
sony tv.
zesto2004

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: kv_29v10m Reply with quote

i already resolder the vertical ic and replace crt socket but still no luck, pls, any other suggestions will be highly appreciated. thanks again.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия