electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
sony slv se720G/I

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ken h

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: sony slv se720G/I Reply with quote

Hi
I have a problem with the 720G/I whereby the clock fails to work. Recently I had to re enter the code for the model as it had dropped all the code and would only ff or rew.

Have I entered a code number incorrectly, if so how can I get back to the engineers service menu that I entered (REC on VCR and menu on remote) I have tried to reenter this mode but can't seem to do so, or is there another fix?

Thanks

Ken

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Press the 'test' button on vcr and 'menu' on remote. You can get to 'test' button with front removed.
gary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHECK C701, THE POLARITY MARKED ON THE BOARD IS SOMETIMES INCORRECT, THE POSITIVE LEG OF THE CAP SHOULD BE TOWARDS THE FRONT OF THE SET, IF SURFACE MOUNTED RESISTORS R668/9 ARE 10K REPLACE WITH 4K7, WHEN INPUTTING OPTION CODES BE AWARE THAT THE G AND I VERSIONS USE DIFFERENT ONES, IF FAULT RECURS REPLACE IC601 WITH LATEST VERSION, IC601 IS SUPER GLUED TO THE BOARD AND IT IS VERY EASY TO DAMAGE THE TRACKS WHEN REMOVING IT, I HAVE DONE AT LEAST 20 OF THESE FOR THIS FAULT,
ken h

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Guest, how easy is to get the front cover off?

Cheers

Ken
Ken H

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary thanks for help, do you know codes or where i can get codes for G/I model at all amte

Ken
gary

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the codes for a g are 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,19,27,33,34,35,40,41,45,47,51,60,61,63,66,69,72
the codes for a i are 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,19,25,26,33,34,35,40,43,45,47,51,60,61,63,66,69,72
ken h

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate, another question if I may, do you know what features the numbers refer to as I have a clock that doesn't work, it just sits at what ever time you set, and I seem to recall that the colon between the digits used to flash but can't be sure.

Thanks for your help and time

Ken
gary

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SORRY DONT HAVE ANY INFO ON WHAT THE CODES RELATE TO BUT ACCORDING TO THE MANUAL IC601 IS THE CLOCK IC, I THINK YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO CHANGE IT, THE PART NO IS 1-804-696-13. AFTER CHANGING IT YOU THERE WILL BE NO DISPLAY UNTIL IT IS REPROGRAMMED. AFTER REPLACEMENT PRESS REC ON KEYBOARD AND MENU ON REMOTE TO ACCESS OPTION BYTE SETTING, THEN TO SET HEAD SW POINT PRESS TEST ON KEYBOARD AND SP/LP BUTTON ON REMOTE WHILE PLAYING A PRE RECORDED TAPE, GOOD LUCK
ken h

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for that mate, will try reset first and see how it goes. Presumably the chips is soldered in

CU later

ken

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: SLV SE720G - Winds, but does not display image Reply with quote

Hi,

Can anybody tell me what is wrong with my video recorder?

We had an electrical storm a while ago and ever since it has been faulty.

I'm hoping that it is repairable and that it is something simple that I could do myself.

The video recorder rewinds and fast forwards and goes through the motions of playing the cassette, but it does not display and image on the TV when playing. I've checked all the connections, but no joy.

Can anybody fill me in? Is it headed for the bin or not?

Thanks,

Craig Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия