electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Burining issue with televsion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yorled1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Burining issue with televsion Reply with quote

I can t understand why MY Phillips TV only turns on when it feels like.
The cord is plugged in but when i push the on button it only turns on at specific intervals
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gremlins?

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: Burining issue with televsion Reply with quote

yorled1 wrote:
The cord is plugged in but when i push the on button it only turns on at specific intervals

Bad outlet? If you push on it it sounds like a loose connection.
jts1957

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Burining issue with televsion Reply with quote

yorled1 wrote:

Remember, 1) he's NOT mentioning any specific chassis or model number.
2) Philips sets of a certain era will, once Power "on" button is pressed, try to "start" three times at "specific intervals," then need to be unplugged/replugged to reset.
livewire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Electronics General Reply with quote

If the remote control is working right then check the power supply to the tv...why don't you call for thir service help?
henrykemp1

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Electronics General Reply with quote

Check your cable carefully. Change your wire plug. If you have any joint remove it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

North American Philips (NAP) makes some of the world's worst crap, (Magnavox, Sylvania, Philips, Crosley). That's why my boss quit selling them. WAY too many problems and very complicated and unreliable power supply regulators. They also supplied Chrysler with the microprocessors for two radio models. They have a 100 percent failure rate. I have dozens of them here in the junk pile.

The only tv worse than a NAP product is an RCA / GE / Proscan. By far the cheapest tv to purchase, but the most expensive repair parts.

Sorry to say, but I would look at this as an opportunity to buy a new tv. I just bought four Sanyo flat screens. I like them very much because they have a 16 x 10 aspect ratio instead of the miserable, common 16 x 9. We hate moving our heads back and forth to see the entire picture! Put on over 400 miles looking for these at numerous Walmart stores because they are a discontinued model. The new model is that wide-screen misery.

Prices have come down a lot at Walmart. Much less expensive than at Best Buy. After you find one you like, find it on the internet first and read the reviews from other buyers. You'll see how many people have returned their RCAs and Philips for turning on and off by themselves. Some companies even want you to pack it up and send it back for warranty repairs now that they've put most of the independent repair shops out of business with their shady warranty payment policies.

I've heard Sony still makes good products but they're more expensive. Toshiba used to be good, and a lot of people have told me Visio is pretty good, and they're made in the U.S. (or so I'm told). I used to work on Goldstars too but I haven't seen them around anymore. They were very easy to diagnose, had simple, effective, reliable circuits, replacement parts were very inexpensive, and they were one of the few companies that ALWAYS paid the warranty claims.

caradiodoc
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No shit. Not telling us anything we don't already know! Very Happy
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldstar turned into LG - Lucky Goldstar

Vizio's are made in China, hence the high failure rate.

[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия