electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Viewsonic VX2235WM monitor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fullzie58

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Viewsonic VX2235WM monitor Reply with quote

Hello,

I have owned this widescreen computer monitor for just over one year now and i have come across a problem. The push power button has become depressed into the outter housing and i am unable to turn it on. I have inquired with Viewsonic about warranty work with no luck. They tell me that most likely they won't repair the monitor because it is classified as physical damage and then they would have to charge me the return shipping to get it back unrepaired. I am wondering if anyone has had this problem before and if there is a way to fix it myself without doing too much damage to the monitor. Your help is much appreciated.

Jon
khnitz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm tearing into one of these to fix the power supply, at the moment.

>> To open up the monitor, remove the pedastal from the back (remove the covers on either side of the mount at the base of the monitor - squeeze and lift).
>> Then remove the pedastal - 3 screws on each side for 6 total.
>> Then remove the 3 screws at the back of the monitor - 2 up top/middle, and 1 under where the mount fit.
>> Now go around the edges of the monitor and pry the two halves apart.

Once this is done, you should be able to access the button and put it back into position. You may want to check that no tabs or features on the button broke, though, that might be the root cause of the trouble.

Let me know if this helps.
livewire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Equipment Repairs Reply with quote

There is nothing too wrong up there....your computer is fine just the switch has been toggled too hard and thus the depression so you have top physically remove the frame of the monitor and fix up the switch...follow the above instructions should be a very easy job.
Kuplo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is unfortunately a very poorly designed monitor with regards to the control and power buttons. Mine has finally gotten to the point where I can't turn it off if it's on and can't turn it on if it's off the vast majority of the time, sometimes the power button comes back to life but the design was very poorly designed, as the only way to turn this monitor on and off is to have a fingernail to push in the power button to turn it on and off.

I too contacted support at VS and they told me basically the same thing and that I'm pretty much S.O.L. So I figure it's really not me that's S.O.L, it's Viewsonic as I'll never buy another VS monitor again after this experience.

I really should have returned the monitor on day one when I saw how poorly designed the control buttons are and knew at that moment that it was just waiting to have a stuff up problem with them and sure enough it has.

Steer clear of this monitor folks, steer clear.
Kuplo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm, yeah, I'm going to have to retract my remarks and chalk it up to user error on my part.

In the less than 3 years that I've owned this monitor and more than 2 years, I've never noticed that the power button is not actually a push in power button but rather a right/left toggle. For the life of me I never noticed it and have always been trying to push in the center of the power button which while cumbersome has always functioned.

Now upon trying to take it apart, I finally noticed that I can press on either side of the part of the power button that lights up and it turns on and off the monitor by doing so.

So I apologize, and although I still think that the power and control buttons are a poor choice, it's not nearly as bad as I had originally thought with regards to the power button, I still need to use my fingernails to be able to toggle the power button on either side of the lit up portion but at least it's not actually broken now, and I can turn it on and off by doing so.

My apologies, and thanks for the info on how to take it apart, had I not started to do so I'd never have noticed that I can press on either side of the power button to get it to turn on and off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия