electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
HP Pavilion TX1000 laptop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramjimh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: HP Pavilion TX1000 laptop Reply with quote

I have a HP pavilion TX1000(TX1129ea laptop.When i power on there is no display and all the LEDs are glowing.Normally these leds will glow and shutdown when it boots.need solution.

With Regards,

Ramji M.H.
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1- Are there any beeps when it boots? How many?
2- Have you tried hooking up an external monitor to it?

HtH
[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
ramjimh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO beep,no display.when i poerup all leds all glowing and the fan runnning.I reseated the ram.still no display.

With Regards,

Ramji M.H.
ball

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also have the same problem, no display, tried exterenal monitor, no display as well. It seems the motherboard has problem, tried switch on and switch off, but no response, have to hold the switch button for few seconds to kill it.
can't go into windows nor bios. no hope...... but anyone know what parts problem? motherboard or the display card? It doesn't have any beep sound makes so unknown.......
chips2481

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a problem with the hp dv9xxx/6xxx/2xxx series and compaq v6xxx/3xxx series too. There was a recall on them and hp will repair them for for free even if the warranty is up. I have heard it is an easy fix from someone but he won't tell me how to do it. On the dv and v series first the wifi card stops working and then it will not boot and only the led lights come on. Could this point to some kind of chip on the board that would direct power to the components? I know solder joints can go bad.
hajnrih

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: SOLUTION Reply with quote

OK. Its an amd turion laptop with a sis chipset. There is nothing wrong with the motherboard. The problem is in the chipset. The flashes mean that some of the solder balls under the sis chipset is damaged. The solution is very simple. If you have a hot air gun or a simle home hair dryer you can fix it.

first take the laptop apart all the way to the bare motherboard.
locate the main chipset.
take a piece of aluminium tin foil and wrap the motherboard - it helps dispence the heat.
take a knife and cut out the tin foil in a square where the chipset is located.
take the hair dryer or if you have a hot air gun set it to 330 degrees celzius and air flow to 5.
heat the chipset for about 3 minutes making slow passes over the chipset.
do not hold the air gun on one place long because you will damage the chipset.
after heating it let it air cool for about 10-15 minutes.
Plug everything back in and turn on the laptop. it should work just fine.
if you get the same problem again repeat the procedure.
For better thermal conductivity be sure to apply thermal paste on the cpu the main chipset and the vga chipset.

THIS IS A RULE FOR ALMOST ALL LAPTOPS THAT HAVE A AMD TURION CPU, SIS CHIPSET AND AN NVIDIA VGA. IF YOUR LAPTOP TURNS ON BUT THERE IS NO PICTURE THIS IS ALSO THE SOLUTION ONLY APPLIED TO THE VGA CHIPSET - NVIDIA OR ATI OR SIS.

HOPE THIS HELPS.

CHEERS
netra.shrestha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: laptop schematics Reply with quote

hi sir i have hp pavilion tx 1000 laptop sometimes sometimes have display then sometimes no display but all led in also lite on i want to this laptop schematics diagrams
Sophronius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: SOLUTION Reply with quote

hajnrih wrote:
OK. Its an amd turion laptop with a sis chipset. There is nothing wrong with the motherboard. The problem is in the chipset. The flashes mean that some of the solder balls under the sis chipset is damaged. The solution is very simple. If you have a hot air gun or a simle home hair dryer you can fix it.

first take the laptop apart all the way to the bare motherboard.
locate the main chipset.
take a piece of aluminium tin foil and wrap the motherboard - it helps dispence the heat.
take a knife and cut out the tin foil in a square where the chipset is located.
take the hair dryer or if you have a hot air gun set it to 330 degrees celzius and air flow to 5.
heat the chipset for about 3 minutes making slow passes over the chipset.
do not hold the air gun on one place long because you will damage the chipset.
after heating it let it air cool for about 10-15 minutes.
Plug everything back in and turn on the laptop. it should work just fine.
if you get the same problem again repeat the procedure.
For better thermal conductivity be sure to apply thermal paste on the cpu the main chipset and the vga chipset.

THIS IS A RULE FOR ALMOST ALL LAPTOPS THAT HAVE A AMD TURION CPU, SIS CHIPSET AND AN NVIDIA VGA. IF YOUR LAPTOP TURNS ON BUT THERE IS NO PICTURE THIS IS ALSO THE SOLUTION ONLY APPLIED TO THE VGA CHIPSET - NVIDIA OR ATI OR SIS.

HOPE THIS HELPS.

CHEERS

Please don't put somebody thru wrong by copy this bunch of buls*its. This is perfect solution to kill your mainboard. I see in my lab many machines "fixed" this way.

ramjimh- Nvidia chipset need to be replace with brand new part with data code +09. Even reballing will not help in your case. You have NF-G6150-N-A2
wade4916

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:48 am    Post subject: re: solution Reply with quote

This heat gun and hair dryer methods might work sometimes. It is taking a chance bacause the uneven heat might kill the main board. The correct way to fix the BGA chip is to use the BGA rework station. I had the same problem with my laptop 2 years ago. I sent my laptop to a place in California for repair. This place has the equipment. The laptop is still running fine at this time. I can't remember this company name. Its web site is www.alllaptoprepair.com. You also can get a free laptop troublshooting and repair guide from this comapny if you want to do it yourself.
katieburton12

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the usual NVIDIA chipset failure that HP is refusing to acknowledge in the TX1000/TX2000 notebooks for some reason (the TX2500 uses ATI). See here:
"http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...en&lc=en&cc=us"
There seems to have been a spike in such failures recently. Tell HP that your notebook has the same defective NVIDIA chipset that the dv2000/dv6000/dv9000 enhanced warranty covers and ask why your tx1000 isn't included?
Of course it could be something different, like a broken power jack and a nearly depleted battery. I'd bet on a fried NVIDIA northbridge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия