electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Advice Needed on How to Swap Out VGA Cables Please

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nigel.coutney

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Advice Needed on How to Swap Out VGA Cables Please Reply with quote

Hello People,

I have a "Vibrant VM91TDA" 19" Monitor which has developed what I think is a cable fault.

When I Switch the system on in the morning I have a good picture on the monitor all R.G.B working etc....

After a couple of mins the green signal cuts out.... I think it is that because I am left with a red/blue signal I can manipulate using windows / Nvidia control panel but the green controls make no difference.

As soon as I move the vga cable it will either go back to normal or totally lose the green signal. Me thinks the cable could be damaged. Now I have extracted a working svga cable from another redundant monitor and with a wing and a prayer I hope to replace the faulty one with this.

Please could I get some advice if anyone has had a similar problem in the past and how they went about fixing it please.

Thankyou

Nigel Courtney
[/img]
pro-tech

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: swapping VGA cable Reply with quote

Although vga cable seems all the same at one end (15 pins) it is quite a different story at the other end (inside the monitor)

So to make things simple, the replacement cable needs to be exactly from the same brand / same model. If not, be ready for a lot of fittings and brain mindling with different wire colors and lengh Embarassed On top of that, be prepare for soldering as in many case, the connector inside the monitor is not of the male/female quick connect type but rather soldered onto the main and/or crt board. GOOD LUCK !

minnie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try replacing the cables. Or you have a video driver problem if green drops out.
dntknwhw2b

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Same problem with diferent model monitor. Reply with quote

I have a Hansol 910A. And if I twist the cable right at the conector that goes into the motherboard. The color changes and if I twist it just right I get good color and all. But as soon as I let go I lose red or it all goes blue or green. I am hoping that there is a repair end where I may cut the old one off and add the new one without to much trouble.

I haven't opened the inside of the monitor. I'm wondering if it would be easer to work from that end.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия