electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
power on error PDP 42V5 board.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
probe2009

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: power on error PDP 42V5 board. Reply with quote

The problem of this screen is no picture and sound at all, power led on the front go on and stay green. On the power supply board the relai clicks and the led on the board go on and of every 6 times.
The relay falls back and stays in standby mode.
The protection kicks in.
I disconected the Y-sus and Z-sus boards but the fault lies in the power board.
Anyone can help me please because after spending a lot of time in checking diodes, caps and fets i don´t know where to look anymore.
Thanks a lot
Regards
probe2009

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Problem solved. Reply with quote

Hi,
I found the error, and as i suspected it was on the power-board.
It really is a stupid piece of circuit what was failing.
The fault was the discharging circuitry for the VA and VS lines.
So i replaced this to my own criteria.
Even without this circuitry it works perfectly(NOT RECOMENDABLE).LG mainly has this for servicing purposes.(well that is not completely tru but as long as you don´t switch the unit on and off repeatedly in a very short period of time nothing happens.)
As well, this discharge unit is used whenever the protection kicks in to discharge rapidly these two lines to prevent further damage.
Anyway, problem solved.

Regards
nacigomeclioglu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem solved. Reply with quote

Could you please indicate which components of the power supply board are included in the VA and VS discharge circuit.

Thanks.

nacigomeclioglu

probe2009 wrote:
Hi,
I found the error, and as i suspected it was on the power-board.
It really is a stupid piece of circuit what was failing.
The fault was the discharging circuitry for the VA and VS lines.
So i replaced this to my own criteria.
Even without this circuitry it works perfectly(NOT RECOMENDABLE).LG mainly has this for servicing purposes.(well that is not completely tru but as long as you don´t switch the unit on and off repeatedly in a very short period of time nothing happens.)
As well, this discharge unit is used whenever the protection kicks in to discharge rapidly these two lines to prevent further damage.
Anyway, problem solved.

Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия