electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Samsung Syncmaster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dalov

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Samsung Syncmaster Reply with quote

Hiya

I wonder if anyone can help with a problem i am having with a Samsung Syncmaster 711mp monitor, please.

Quite simply, it has worked well for 2 years and has shown no signs of errors developing., however yesterday morning a fault occured where as the monitor powers up (blanks screen) but then the power light flashes for a while & a white flash on the screen and the off again...then it will continue to do this same sequence over again.
It appears ( to a complete novice) that its failing to syncronise ??

I have checked all cables etc etc

Any ideas please ?

Many thanks
duwicy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

i think you must chek transistor horizontal driver. if oke you must chek voltage output from regulator.
sorry i'm bad in english, i'm indonesian
jts1957

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Are you sure it's the monitor? Reply with quote

Have you tried your monitor hooked to a different computer?

OR

Have you tried a different monitor hooked to your computer?

(dewicy: this is a Samsung SyncMaster 711MP - Flat panel display - TFT - 17" - 1280 x 1024 - 300 cd/m2 - 700:1 - 8 ms - 0.264 mm - VGA - speakers - silver - NO horiz. driver!)
WB2009

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Same Problem Reply with quote

I am also having the same problem, and my TV is now out of warranty.
In response to the last post, it is a TV/Monitor and in my case it wont work as either, regardless of what it is connected to.
Any help would be appreciated.
spieler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Same Problem Reply with quote

I am also having the same problem, the power light goes no and off like flashing. At the past we put the monitors to a service station because of warranty. The company wrote on the repair sheet "IP BOARD EXCHANGE", but what means this?

Have someone an idea how to repair the monitor?

thanks in advance

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Samsung Syncmaster 711MP LCD TV Monitor -Not Powering Up=FIX Reply with quote

I had Same problem. - Now Repaired -

Three of the Five Electrolytic capacitors on the Power supply board in the monitor were faulty. These are identified on the board as C241, C242 and C243. These Electrolytic capacitors had bulging tops.
I replaced these three with same types; 470uF 25V DC. (note the polarity of the Capacitors before removing the old ones)
The monitor is now working again.
Hope this helps.

Note; if you are not qualified to do this repair please get someone who is. Remember to disconnect the power lead from the monitor before attempting to open the rear cover. Dangerous voltages are present inside the monitor.
Very Happy[/b]
AdiGital

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Samsung Syncmaster 711MP LCD TV Monitor -Not Powering Up Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I had Same problem. - Now Repaired -

Three of the Five Electrolytic capacitors on the Power supply board in the monitor were faulty. These are identified on the board as C241, C242 and C243. These Electrolytic capacitors had bulging tops.
I replaced these three with same types; 470uF 25V DC. (note the polarity of the Capacitors before removing the old ones)
The monitor is now working again.
Hope this helps.

Note; if you are not qualified to do this repair please get someone who is. Remember to disconnect the power lead from the monitor before attempting to open the rear cover. Dangerous voltages are present inside the monitor.
Very Happy[/b]

Thanks a lot! I replaced two of them, one 470 uF, and on 1000 uF. Both were bulged. Sorry, didn't note the numbers. The monitor is back to life. Many thanks!
nobodytrue

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: caps Reply with quote

don't suppose any of you chaps are in london and would be willing to perform this fix on mine
jts1957

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOT that hard. YouTube has videos on soldering/desoldering, Practice on a junk board first. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия