electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Television troubleshooting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ksoehn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Television troubleshooting Reply with quote

Sony KV-30HS510 30" HDTV CRT TV set (2003). No onscreen static charge or video-audio. Standby light blinks 6 or 7 times (depending on which time it is plugged in) hesitates, then repeats. There is a typical power up thrum when it is first plugged in. I have found sites which suggest low voltage of some kind precipitates such an indication. I have a multimeter but don't have a service manual, so don't know where to test for low voltage levels. I have found sites which suggest a control IC may be responsible, but don't know where to find it; is it a plug-in or solder-in chip? What would be the likely components, in order of cost, to try replacing for such a problem? Does anyone have a PDF of a service manual for this model? Sorry if I left out crucial model number, but I filled it and serial # elsewhere in the process and it may not have been posted.
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This ones a pisser.
#A1302534A D board complete.
http://www.tritronicsinc.com/

It's easy enough, all you have to do is replace the board and set screen and focus.
Or search the net A-1302-351-A
Frank

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: Television troubleshooting Reply with quote

ksoehn wrote:
Sony KV-30HS510 30" HDTV CRT TV set (2003). No onscreen static charge or video-audio. Standby light blinks 6 or 7 times (depending on which time it is plugged in) hesitates, then repeats. There is a typical power up thrum when it is first plugged in. I have found sites which suggest low voltage of some kind precipitates such an indication. I have a multimeter but don't have a service manual, so don't know where to test for low voltage levels. I have found sites which suggest a control IC may be responsible, but don't know where to find it; is it a plug-in or solder-in chip? What would be the likely components, in order of cost, to try replacing for such a problem? Does anyone have a PDF of a service manual for this model? Sorry if I left out crucial model number, but I filled it and serial # elsewhere in the process and it may not have been posted.

6 blinks, pause, 6 blinks, etc. means "LOW +B OCP/OVP (overcurrent/overvoltage)" and the probable cause locations listed are as follows:

1. +B line is overloaded (A, B, M boards)
2. +B line is shorted (A, B, M boards)
3. IC504 is faulty (A board)

Seven blinks means, "Horizontal Deflection Stopped" and there are no probable causes listed, its a protective action resulting form other problems,you may also check on D board,IC6501,IC8002,Flyback.C6532
These are starting points for qualified service technicians.
Frank

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="minnie"]This ones a pisser.
#A1302534A D board complete.

It's easy enough, all you have to do is replace the board and set screen and focus.

Or search the net A-1302-351-A ,Minnie this part# also apllies to kv36hs500 D board,nothing wrong with it yet, but i'm preparing for the future,beside the set is 5 year old, got be ready, Thanks
ALLYNC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: SYLVANIA 19C7-16 Reply with quote

NO AUDIO: ADJUSTED T219 AND L221. ONLY STATIC AUDIO AND HUM
TOUCHED Y223 AND GOT A CLEAR RADIO STATION AUDIO :?:
jts1957

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALLYNC:

Surprised You need to start your own thread!
ALLYNC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: SYLVANIA 19C7-16 Reply with quote

WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN?
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All posts above yours refer to a "Sony KV-30HS510 30" HDTV CRT TV set (2003)."

You are in the correct "Forum," (Equipment Repairs) but you should click on "New Topic" and then list your subject and message. Wink

P.S. in some circles All Capital Letters equates to "SHOUTING!"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I USUALLY TYPE ALL OF MY TROUBLESHOOTING INQUIRIES IN CAPITAL LETTERS!

I DID GO TO NEW TOPIC AND IT SENT ME WHERE WE ARE TODAY!

IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, MY APOLOGIES!
jts1957

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You MAY want to PERUSE:
http://www.simplehelp.net/2006/08/14/how-to-be-polite-while-youre-online-practicing-good-netiquette/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия