electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Opel CDR500 service manual needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
janos6662000

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Opel CDR500 service manual needed Reply with quote

I have an Opel Radio CDR500(E) made by Delco.
CD player is not working and i suspect that the BA6891FP motor driver may be faulty.
Can anybody send me download location for a service manual, or the datasheet of BA6891FP, maybe a replacement part number for it? I am almost sure that it can be replaced, because the manufacturer, Rohm used this IC only in this carradio, so it may have a replacement in generic motor drivers.

Best regards,

Janos
jts1957

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Datasheet found but did find....
BA6891 Features:
The BA6891 is a 64M-bit, 3.0 V-only Flash memory organized as 8M bytes by 8 bits or 4M words by 16 bits. The BA6891 is offered in 48-pin, 58-pin TSOP(1) and 80-ball FBGA. The device is designed to be programmed in-system with the standard 3.0 V VCC supply. 12.0 V VPP and 5.0 V VCC are not required for write or erase operations. The devices can also be reprogrammed in standard EPROM programmers. (Continued)
BA6891 (Absolute) Maximum Ratings:
Device on 50mm*50mm*1.5mm epoxy PCB FR4 with 6cm (one layer, 70µm thick) copper area for collector connection. PCB is vertical without blown air. 2) Allowed number of short circuits: <1000; time between short circuits: >1s.
BA6891 Pinout:
The leadless chip carrier (LCC) package represents the logical next step in the continual evolution of surface mount technology. The LCC provides designers the extra flexibility they need to increase circuit board density. International Rectifier has engineered the LCC package to meet the specific needs of the power market by increasing the size of the bottom source pad, thereby enhancing the thermal and electrical performance. The lid of the package is grounded to the source to reduce RF interference. HEXFET transistors also feature all of the well-es- tablished advantages of MOSFETs, such as volt- age control, very fast switching, ease of paralleling and electrical parameter temperature stability. They are well-suited for applications such as switching power supplies, motor controls, inverters, choppers, audio amplifiers and high-energy pulse circuits, and virtually any application where high reliability is re- quired.
External Memory Interface C Contains mem- ory access related registers such as Data Pointer High (DPH0), Data Pointer Low (DPL0), Data Page Pointer (DPP0), MOVX @Ri address register (MXAX) and STRETCH registers. It performs the memory addressing and data transfers. Allows applications soft- ware to access up to 16 MB of external data memory. The DPP0 register is used for seg- ments swapping. STRETCH register allows flexible timing management while accessing different speed system devices by program- ming XRAMWR and XRAMRD pulse width between 1 C 8 clock periods.
Setting up a password is done essentially in the same way as writing data to the user data memory, only the address is different. Before changing passwords, disable passwords. When setting up a password, make sure that all 8 bytes of the password are defined. Otherwise the new password may be unknown. Since they are located in the same memory page, both passwords can be redefined at the same time. Always verify the scratchpad before sending the copy scratchpad command. Before enabling passwords, check whether the new password has been successfully written to the EEPROM chip. See "Verify Password" command for details. After a new password is successfully copied from the scratchpad to its memory location, erase the scratchpad by filling it with new data. Otherwise a copy of the password will remain accessible through the scratchpad until the iButton is disconnected from the 1-Wire line.
Hope this helps. Smile
janos666

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply!
Unfortunately something is not right, because the BA6891FP i have is very similar to BA6892FP, which is a 4-channel H-bridge type BTL driver for CD players - Rohm.
It is in a HSOP 28-pin package, with radiator and everything.
The GND and power supplies are locates the same on both IC's.
I was wondering if i can replace it with BA6892FP.

Thanks again for the good intentions.

Best regards,

Janos
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janos,

Reading your post rang a bell;
I used to run to a very similar situation on a series of Panasonic/Denon/Yamaha dvd players that used the BA5xx series BTL drivers. They were known to fail sooner or later due to brush arcing of the spindle motor which would eventually short out the driver section & fry the IC.
Sometimes later, Rohm quietly replaced the original driver with a beefier die with only a digit higher on the final IC package & began to supply only the updated IC. Just about the only way to find the original IC's diagram was to look for it in the player's manual.

So, willing to bet that you have the same thing & 6892 is probably a direct replacement?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, vtech, after carefully checking everything is possible, i will probably replace the IC and see if it works.

Best regards,

Janos
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия