electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Mitsubishi ck-31302 32" TV - video works, but no pictur

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abbzer0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Mitsubishi ck-31302 32" TV - video works, but no pictur Reply with quote

I just received a Mitsubishi ck-31302 32" television for free. This is a rather strange problem in my opinion. The video works. I can get in the menu with the blue background, etc.. you can see the volume bar go up and down, and the channel numbers change, but there is no video. I can plug in my DVD player and hear all the audio, but never see a picture. Does anyone have an idea as to what could be wrong? Thank you so much for your feedback. (Also, FWIW, I have a decent amount of soldering experience replacing IC's, etc, etc.. but still an amateur)

Thanks!

Clint Young
abbzer0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another question about this. On another technical forum, I found (for a different Mitsubishi model) that some have ran into a situation similar to mine, and they believe the the cap's leaking on the PIP board cause this. Is it possible that this is the case for mine? If so, I guess I can just bypass that board. Any tips for doing it? I think (if I can recall correctly) I just jump pins 1 & 11? I could use a schematic if somebody has one.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.fixya.com/support/t370758-mitsubishi_vs_5071

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just got the board out, none of the caps look bad to me, but, I probably still need to jumper this..... I'll see what happens. Any thoughts on the PIP board? Any gotchas, etc, etc..?
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just shove the wires right into the slots.
abbzer0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear I don't know where my brain was.. I meant to pick up two 22uf/50v elec. caps. at Radio shack, but accidentally got ones rated for max 35v. Do you think I could still use these? If it is over 35v though, I know I am at risk. Would it hurt to do it right now as a test and replace w/ 50v ones later?
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can increase the voltage rating no problem but U can't change the value. I never used the caps just jumpers.
abbzer0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w00t!! I went ahead and just ran the bypass direct without any capacitors in-line between the pins. Picture quality looks great! What is the reasoning on using the Mitsubishi Spec'd 22uf/50v caps in between? Enhanced picture quality? I do hear a sligh high pitched sound (i don't think from the speakers, but sounds more like it is from the tube... VERY faint though, I don't think anyone else notices it but me) from the tV, could those caps fix that? If not, I am not even going to worry about it. Picture quality looks wonderful.

Snapped the picture on my cell phone this morning before work, so thats why the quality isn't so great.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/qFG1kPZLEFMAzQ08kEsmhQ?feat=directlink

Thank you SO much for your help! Mr. Green
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some you need the caps or you won't get a picture, some don't. No the caps will not take away the buzzing.
abbzer0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife left the house and accidentally left the TV running the whole day yesterday.. When I got home, no more buzzing.. tv probably hadn't been run in several years... I know it had been stored in someone's basement for the last 3 years, and who knows how long it hadn't been used prior! Thanks again for your assistance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия