electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Magnavox 20MT1331/17
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevflanaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Magnavox 20MT1331/17 Reply with quote

I have a Magnavox 20MT1331/17 and all of a sudden one day when i turned it on the picture moved to the bottom of the screen. There is a 3 inch black bar at the top of my screen. I'm more familiar with computers since i never repaired a tv before. But i refuse to go to a ripoff tv repair shop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys
kevflanaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: any help would be great Reply with quote

any help would be great
Thanks guys
fongs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Sounds like vertical deflection problem.

I would focus on the frame (ie. vertical) IC and/ or capacitors around it. I dunno abt yr TV but alot of them use the vert IC with the "LA7xxx" number. U shouldn't miss it as it is usually mounted on the heatsink...

G o o d luck!! Smile
kevflanaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Thanx Reply with quote

thanx alot man for the help. that's all i needed to know. Ur the BEST!!!! take care Very Happy
fongs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U R welcomed! Laughing

I would try re-soldering the vert. IC 1st... I fixed a Panasonic 21" with similar problem just by doing that.

If that doesn't work, a replacement of the IC and/ or the caps around it is worth a try. Do a google search to look for the data sheet of the IC to identify its pin out. This will tell u which are the caps supporting this IC.

Let us know how it goes... Cool
kevflanaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: quick one Reply with quote

Im kinda new to this, exactly where is the vert ic. located? thanx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: quick one Reply with quote

kevflanaman wrote:
Im kinda new to this, exactly where is the vert ic. located? thanx

I did a search and couldn't find the data sheet Sad
kevflanaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: took out main board Reply with quote

i took out the main board and I can send you pictures if that help. I apreaciate u halping me man.
thanks, kev
tjgmore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: vertical foldover problem Reply with quote

I'm an old tech and my niece has the same model and problem. what i found without a schematic was a shorted power diode(ref#6463) just left of the flyback(high voltage) transformer. after replacing diode with fast switching cross reference, I still have same problem but new diode is still good. I then found resistor(ref#3543) measured 82kohms but color code is brown,red,black which means it is 12ohm. That is either a misprint or resistor is bad. after soldering board and checking components, i need a schematic to diagnose further. If somebody has resistor(3543) value let me know or I'll have to spend $20-$30 for manual.
Hect7369

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: vertical foldover problem Reply with quote

Resistor is good R5343(82k).
Check cap 2465,this fails often.check all surround components.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия