electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Samsung 4215W STK convergence amps keep failing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John4566231

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Samsung 4215W STK convergence amps keep failing Reply with quote

Hello. Several months ago my blue convergence went out on my Samsung 4215W RPTV. The blue would move in only 2 directions, but not the other 2. So someone told me to replace the STK and that fixed it. Now I am having similiar issues with the Red. Only this time it will move in all directions except in certain areas of the screen where it won't move at all and the upper right of the screen (red) will not adjust properly. When adjusting it the red bounces all around like crazy.

So should I just replace the other STK this time? Is this a bad coincindence or something different? If it is the STK what keeps causing them to die? Is it possible I have something setup wrong that is causing these to overheat?

I'm pretty good with a multimeter and a soldering gun so if theres anything else I should look at let me know. These STKs are cheap but I just wonder what is causing them to die.

When the convergence is all set to 0 convergence the image is very very far out of whack so I have to put alot of convergence on to line them up. Is this normal?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off you said that you're good with a soldering "gun". If you use a soldering "gun" rather than a soldering "pencil" in there, you won't have any board left. Second, replace both IC"s at the same time, never just one. Third, there are upgrade IC's to replace many of the original's, which run cooler and longer. Fourth, many of the generic replacements are either defective right out of the package or don't last very long. You're better off to purchase Convergence IC's direct from the manufacture or an authorized distributor for them.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия