electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
service manual or schematic for ACER 1914 sm LCD screen 19&q
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Helpmeout

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: service manual or schematic for ACER 1914 sm LCD screen 19&q Reply with quote

Hi all,

My LCD screen is an Acer AL1914 sm (not widescreen). It worked fine for 3 years (just got out of warranty) until now. The power-on LED doesn't turn on anymore and also no backlight, and just a black dead screen. I am sure that the display itself is still ok, meaning that the backlight is still ok, but it is something that has to do with the printed circuit boards. I opened my screen and the following boards are in it:
715L1142-3-AUE (=Power supply board)
715L1144-1-IO (=little board with 1 chip on it, i think it has something to do with turning on audio or backlight but i am not sure)
715L1237-1 (board to connect VGA cable)
I also have disconnected the power supply from the other boards and i measured 2 kinds of voltages : +5V that is stable, but then a voltage that is constantly moving between 10,5 - 11,6V that is not stable. I expected +12V normally there.
I also hear a little 'plopping' sound in my speakers every second.
I have a bachelor degree in electronics, so i know how to solder or replace components on a board.

Does anyone have a schematic or a service manual of one of these printed circuit boards ?
If so, please send it to [email protected] or place a link on this forum. If someone has simular problems or even have a possible solution for this problem, do not hesitate to respond Wink

Thanks in advance!
jts1957

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put you own 12 volts on "there" and see if it works. Electrolytics can still be bad but don't look bulged. Wink
PatBoots

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Acer lcds Reply with quote

Have you checked the elcos on the power supply board?
I had 3 Acer AL1921 where the elcos at C914 and C915 were blown out. After replacing them (about 0,7 US$ each), the lcds are running fine again.
Helpmeout

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I looked at my power supply board to the elco's, none of them are open, but I do indeed see 2 elco's (of 470µF) are lightly bulged. So i will start to replace these 2.

I will let you know what my results are on the 5th of september, if these replacements helped or not. Currently I'm busy with other things now, but on the 5th, I have time to do the soldering of this board.

Already thanks for your answers, keep them coming Smile

Thanks & greetings
volegna

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Helpmeout again Wink
I registered as "volegna" now because then I can add 4 links to pictures I have made from my bad screen. (I accidentally got blacklisted as unregistered user 'Helpmeout' because I wanted to post 6 links to the pictures I have made of my bad screen, sorry for that, didn't know i could only post 1 link as an unregistered user Sad ).

Below, i uploaded some pictures of the boards for your interest. Please be patient because some pictures are large in size. Wink

Here are the links for the pictures:
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1527/img0308b.jpg
http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/7936/img0311j.jpg
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/6730/img0309nod.jpg
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/6495/img0310fqm.jpg

If you have comments or other helpful info, let me know Wink.

Talk to you folks later on the 5th of september.
Best greetings to you all.
volegna

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the last link:

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/9411/img0312.jpg

Best regards,

volegna
volegna

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Screen fixed :D Reply with quote

Hi all, to be short : The screen is already fixed Very Happy

I couldn't resist to do some solderworks, so i already fixed the 1st of september instead of the 5th Very Happy .
PatBoots was exactly right Very Happy, elco's C914 and C915 were lightly bulged. They were 2 elco's from brand "Hermei" of 1000µF/16V/105°C. I replaced them with the same model but from another brand. Now the screen works like a charm Very Happy. I can turn power on and off with the button and i don't hear anymore 'plops' in my speakers. So problem is solved Very Happy.

I will test it alot now to be 100% sure but all seems ok. For me this thread may be closed.
Big thanks to PatBoots and jts1957 Very Happy. I fixed a screen of 325 euros (i'm from Belgium, so here it is in euro's Smile ) that i bought more than 3 years ago with replacement of 2 elco's that costed me only 0,66 euros.

Hope this response helps other people too Very Happy

Thanks all and best regards,

Volegna aka Helpmeout
viole Falushe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: that's correct ? Reply with quote

hi at all, I open my acer al1914 and i found the C904 and the C905 I mark that in the photo. are they correct? I will change it?

'Cause u write C915-4 but i dont found it

I wait a reply please
before there is http
img143.imageshack.us/img143/2285/acer1914.jpg

thank u soo much from italy
jts1957

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look to the right of the larger part you circled - jump over two aluminum heat sinks - two blue caps. Shocked
volegna

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi viole Falushe,

I have added a picture that shows the 2 capacitors that were bad from the powersupply. These 2 caps are really C914 and C915 from my powersupply. If you have the exactly same power supply like I have, then you should find them on your board. If it is another powersupplyboard you have, then post us a picture Wink

Anyway here is the picture that shows the 2 capacitors that needs to be replaced :
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/66/locationbadcaps.jpg

Be aware : respect the polarity (+ & -) of the caps Smile

Good luck Smile

Please let us know if you have fixed it or not.

Best regards,

Volegna aka helpmeout
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия