electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips 28PW6315/01 - Painter chip help please!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamesQB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Philips 28PW6315/01 - Painter chip help please! Reply with quote

Hi,

I've got my first A10 chassis which appears to be suffering the dreaded painter chip failure.

Thing is, I'm very confused about this chip. I have all the equipment to fit a new one, but I don't know what I should get.

The painter chip in this set is: SAA5667HL/M1 with a sticker on it marked: A10 ED1 V1.0.

My supplier stocks a part which is numbered with the original Philips part code as found in the service manual (9352 641 92557) with the description SAA5667HL/M1 but nothing else.

Now, can I get this chip and fit it, or might it either not match up with what the sticker says, or be completely blank if that sticker is a software version?

I take it that the sticker shows a software number, in which case what do I do since I can find no other suppliers? Is it normal to buy the chip blank and program it or do you find a chip which the supplier labels as SAA5667HL/M1 ED1 V1.0 or something?

Also, apparently after fitting a new painter, you switch the TV on and leave for a minute so default option codes can be put into memory... I was just wondering where these default codes are held, since it can't be the painter or memory chip, can it?

As you can see, I'm quite befuddled so would appreciate any elucidation.

Many thanks,
James
gary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACCORDING TO MY RECORDS THE IC YOU REQ IS FOR THE A10ED1-1.2 PT NO 9965 000 10425, THERE IS A FULL SERVICE BULLETIN THAT COMES WITH IT THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING VERY WELL, READ IT VERY CAREFULLY AND EVERY THING BECOMES CLEAR, THE DATA THAT IS STORED IN PAINTER IC IS A SET OF AVERAGE SETTINGS THAT WILL REQ ADJUSTING AFTER FIRST TURNED ON, DONT PANIC WHEN NOTHING HAPPENS FOR 30 SECS AFTER REPLACING IC THIS IS NORMAL.
JamesQB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

A10 ED1 1.2 has been put forward to me before, although the sticker on the existing painter says A10 ED1 1.0. Will the version 1.2 software cause any problems if the original is version 1.0?

Incidentally, any idea why the part number given in the A10 schematic is completely different and how, in future, I can find out properly what painter part number I need?

Thanks again.
gary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ed1.2 is the updated version and will cure your problems. the way to find out the correct version you req is to enter the service mode , the first line listed is the current software version, you then need to find if there is a newer version, the manual covers the basic a10 chassis not the individual models which have different control requirements.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия