electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
RCA 52in projection model p52730ck problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ken

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: RCA 52in projection model p52730ck problem Reply with quote

TV powers up but has only a reddish tint and several horizontal lines across screen.
defcon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: p52730ck Reply with quote

Service tech said My high voltage tripper is shorted. (TV clicks on then immediatly drops out.) He wanted $300 to replace. He even had one on the truck! WELL I dont think so Tim.
So the question is..... was he trying to take me?
Where is a diagram or sams print to tell me where to look for this part on the TV. . PPPLLease HHelp.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could have a focus/screen unit failure as well as a video driver failure or a shorted red crt. $300.00 is not out of reason for any projection tv repair, particularly if they came to your home. Just feel good about it not being a shorted crt. That could easily run $600.00 to $700.00! You should also feel good about him coming to your home as that type of service is just about history. Half of the repair cost is probably them coming to your home. If you had taken in to the shop yourself, you probably would have saved at least $125.00 (in our area anyway). We never run service in the home on projection tv anymore. The cost is too much for the consumer. To run it properly takes two techs and at least a half-a-day. In our area, liabilty insurance to cover us entering your home is more than what a doctor of chiropractic has to pay. So you figure, the cost of running a truck, wages for two techs for at least a total of 8 hours, has made the cost of "running down the road" just not feasible for anybody. Many, many, many home calls on big-screen can take 3 trips, so you can see where we're coming from. If they can repair your projection tv for $300.00, take advantage of it, get it fixed and move on. If it's not worth $300.00, then set it out for the trash man.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия