electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Racal Dana 5001 multimeter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
georgelofi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Racal Dana 5001 multimeter Reply with quote

Hi, I have one of these and I converted it to 240v from 110v no problem but I need to also make it 50hz from 60hz can anyone help on how this is done, I see a xtal near the power supply maybe that the answer?

Cheers George

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a service manual, anyone?

Cheers George
vtech

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about where to get a service manual but, is it operating OK with 240v and what did you use for the conversion? If the unit has a switch mode power supply, frequency conversation is not an issue, unless the unit uses 60HZ as a clock reference(very unlikely). Most, if not all digital applications are independent on the 50/60HZ unless specifically called for.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply vtech, yes the mains is switchable 110 120 220 240 with a card, but somewhere in it, it needs to be set also for 50hz as it is 60hz now, it is working but will not measure uV because of the frequency error, on boot up gives a code 4 error and I found this is a mains frequency error.
I borrowed a freinds eleborate 240v power supply which can change the mains frequency from 50hz to 60HZ and the code 4 no longer shows up and then it is able to measure uV, this is how I know I need to change it, somehow?

Cheers George
torbjorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you get any clues from the manuals for the instrument? I guess that the reason for the need to set it for the exact mains frequency is due to some kind of notch filter etc to avoid mains hum influencing the uV readings.

Maybe the instrument is not easily switchable from one frequency to another, the change might involve replacement of parts in the filter section or perhaps a different software version.
All that should be clear if you can get a manual with parts lists for both the 50 Hz and 60 Hz version

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: error 4 Reply with quote

from manual
Error 4 - checksum does not agree with reference checksum in NV memory during the last calibration.

primary causes
1. altered NV memory
2. failed 6509 CMOS
3. faulty inputs to 6508 (U27)
also, more that 1000V input.

recommends complete cal to fix this error. Also verify 3v Lithium is good.

I had one with this error recently, cal'd all ranges, error gone.

No reference in the manual to main freq making any difference.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where can be downloaded the Instruction or Service manual for Racal Dana 5001 ?
Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When turn on the 5001 POWER show Error 4
How to calibrate this DVM ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия