electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Travelmate 4002lmi screen fails

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Travelmate 4002lmi screen fails Reply with quote

I have in the hands 4002lmi Acer Travelmate laptop with a display problem.

I fiddled partially disconnected the data cable from the screen, immediately noticed the typical smell of burnt electronics.

The screen is blank, if you look only at an angle greater than 60 º you sense there is. Also look like some interference.

If you connect an external monitor display correctly, until it enters windows, the crt goes into standby mode.

I tried to put another screen, which unfortunately came with the ccfl broken. I put the original screen ccfl, and the problem persists.

I'm trying to get cable to rule, but I fear that what he has received an injury is the graphics card, someone could indicate what can be?

the original screen was a LP150X08 (A3) and the surrogate is a LP150X08 (A3) (ccfl KCool with the original.

Making a visual inspection of the motherboard, I found a chip with 6 legs (my electronic knowledge is minimal), slightly swollen, and partially burned. The motherboard is printed next to a U29.

As you can seen in this picture.

add that I measured the voltage between ground and 3 feet that would have to be 3.3 and is 3.35, I guess it's acceptable

I think the chip set CJF4S, but the second letter is badly damaged, someone can tell me what it is? could this be an optocoupler?

I think this may be useful

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't post the urls in the first post, so i do in this:

img216.imageshack.us/img216/9695/dscn0413c.th.jpg
img170.imageshack.us/img170/4577/dscn0419b.th.jpg
inker1979

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия