electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony tv

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CHRISTOW

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Sony tv Reply with quote

Hi friends! My sony TRINITRON tv (model KV-29X5D) shuts down and the led blinks 2 times, pauses and again to times. Before the set shuts down the skreen shrinks from the right side.

What would i change?
gary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

resolder line drive tx, replace line output transistor, use a genuine device and not a copy!!, if fault recurs at switch on replace line output transformer as well.
CHRISTOW

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the help,however, i do not know what tranzistor to change or where excactly is the tx line or the transformer. can ypu help me with some pictures my email is ([email protected])

or part of a diagram with the parts. This is my television and i would like to fix it.

Thanks for the reply
Christos
gary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

line drive tx is T531, line output transistor is Q533, line output transformer is T511. i have no pictures of this set as i do not currenly have one in for repair.
CHRISTOW

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is good, i have some parts from the manual (internet) and indeed before the q533 there is a transformer, so it would be easy to aquire the q533 and the tranformer from sony, however how the q533 affect the normal operation and results in led blinking two times?
CHRISTOW

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

However, if i need to replace the transformer how will i ask for it at my local electronic shop as the manual which i currently posses does not describe its characteristics (only sony knows it)
CHRISTOW

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, firstly, i will open the set to locate the tranzistor and transformer and i will try to find them.

Thank for the worning about Next tronic

When i make progress, i will tell you
CHRISTOW

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it was a success! I firstly replaced the Q533 and then there was a bad solder on the T511 which i fixed, also i resoldered the line drive tx T531. Put everything back together and the television works smoothly now

It was my first television repair! Like a real technician, not yet though! Smile

Thanks a lot!
You are great technicians
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия