electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Hitachi 50" projection TV - Fix, Trash or sell parts?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kennyb227

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Hitachi 50" projection TV - Fix, Trash or sell parts? Reply with quote

I have a Hitachi 50" projection TV model 50UX58B. I purchased it Jan 1999, so I would assume it would've been made in late 1998. About a month ago, we were watching TV and all of a sudden, the TV shut off. I went thru all of the steps in the consumer manual and still nothing. I then opened the back (no experience, just curious) and found that when I plugged it into the outlet, two green led lights would come on, then a third would start to come on then turn off and shut the TV down (no picture or sound ever started). I called a repair company and they came and took the TV to their business. They said that they think it is the main board and will cost $450 to fix it. They said that you cannot just buy another board since the boards are no longer produced. So, if he is correct, should I tell him to keep the TV and he can do whatever he wants with it, OR is it worth money in parts for me to try to sell the parts somehow on the internet? Is this guy telling me the truth about the availability of parts?
huskerman99

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Hitachi Reply with quote

I find it unlikely that the parts are not there to fix it. No way would they have to replace the entire main board. They maybe don't want to fix it at the component level, but most companies keep parts in circulation for about seven years, so he may be telling the truth. Chances are, someone out there needs the tubes from your set, or some of the boards. If you're in the phoenix, AZ area I would look at it for free and only charge when it's fixed. I will look into the model number and see what parts are available, I would buy it in an instance (because I know how to fix it) broken, most people wouldn't buy the entire set, but on ebay, parts can sell sometimes, but set your price on a buy it now and sell off the parts, however, shipping and packaging these fragile parts can be a job all in itself. If you are in the area (phoenix) I can take a look at it. If you want to get rid of it and live within three hours of here, I'll come get it. (602) 550-1265

Thanks,
DJ
HUskerman99

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Hitachi 50UX58B Reply with quote

Found quite a few parts are still available from original manufacturer. There are quite a few parts that seem to be out/ no longer available. Maybe the price you pay for buying Hitachi?? Make your next one sony or RCA..?? Anyway, it's still bugging me that they didn't tell you what part went out on the main board that would require replacing the entire board. Isn't that what us technicians are for? Or someone else help me out here...Are we supposed to take the easy way out and just replace evrything? Anyway the parts that were still available for your hitachi where I go through, are quite expensive anyway, probably because they are becoming short in supply.

DJ
mark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PTS?

thing is, having seen quite a few of these.... why is the main board suspect?
replacing a board is usually last option for a really strange problem, or if the board has been
overdissipated.
B-P Electronics

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. We are an Hitachi service center here in Texas. If one or more of your green lights dont stay on, then the respective circuit has a problem with it. Most common is convergence circuit fault. Component repair at pc board level is actually pretty easy for this model if you know what your doing. I would suggest calling an actual Hitachi authorized service center as they will definately know what to do. As for junking or repairing, a 1999 model is not old at all and definately worth fixing as Hitachis have a fairly long life span. A good ballpark repair for that model as long as the guns are ok is around $300-350. Thats parts, labor, tax. Hope this helps. I can also assure you that no shop can get this pc board new and install it for that price as these boards are expensive to buy whole. We always do pc board repair.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

right. this whole board needs to be replaced is really a stretch.
id have to look and see what chassis this one is, but there hasnt been one I couldnt fix.

its probably time to take the set in for a second opinion, at a different shop.. make sure they are hitachi authorised, like kennyb227 said.
joe1715jt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: am I getting hosed on repair costs? (Hitachi 50UX58B) Reply with quote

Okay - my 50" Hitachi Ultravision - 50UX58B (1998) set went bad days before my Super Bowl party. I read a bunch of threads that talk about convergence, and replacing the IC? STK392-110?
I called a service shop - they came out today. The guy just turned the TV on and said "yep, need convergence repaired." In addition, he said the CRT's are weak, and that the red is bleading. His estimate to me: $449.50 + tax. Am I getting hosed? The service call took about 5 minutes - and all he did was turn the set on... Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: I have one of these, and it is broken! Reply with quote

I just acquired one a Hitachi model 50ux58b from a friend that was going to put it out for trash pickup. Seems that it made a loud cracking noise, and worked no more. When plugged in, 2 leds illuminate, and a third comes on later, and immediately they all turn off. My experience mostly ended in the era when ICs were becoming common, so I really don't know what I am doing. Since I have no real expertise, but a background in electronics, and no access as yet to service literature, I initially thought that replacing the main board that carries the power supply and HV section would be the quickest and most reliable repair. HOWEVER, finding this forum interests me in repairing the board, and perhaps saving a few bucks. My gut feeling makes me think that the flyback arced over, and caused the protection circuits to engage. Perhaps somebody can advise me on repairing this board or getting it repaired. Thanks in advance!
santoro2522

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: I will buy parts, I need the screen replaced on mine Reply with quote

I have had my Hitachi 50EX13K since 1996, and love my tv. It has moved from Michigan to Apartment #1, Apartment #2 and finally has been at #3 since 1999, first downstairs, and now upstairs. Still works fine, There is a slight dark shadow type of smear towards the bottom of the screen but just recently, (yesterday) Something got thrown at it and it cracked the ultra shield and made a cross like cut in the actual screen. I need to find someone that would be willing to sell me a 50" screen. Please help if you have any suggestions, I paid 1800 for the tv and 150 for shield plus tax and dont know if it is worth fixing. Picture is still great. Really dont want to lose the tv.Please help.
santoro2522

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: 50 inch Hitachi Screen Reply with quote

To add to my previous message, I live in Chicago. Need a replacement screen ( part ) of my projetion tv. Model 50EX13K 57 54607

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия